lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
MikeJafo
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2001 CC DS upgrades - Before/After Pics

OK, finished my upgrades of 6" A Arm Lift Kit, Rear HD Springs, 22" Tires/10" Revolver wheels & flip seat. Here are the before & after pics. Took a quick test drive, need to recheck all the bolts, adjust brake cable & do front end alignment.

A couple of notes (my experience only):

A great BGW tip I received here was to use extra jacks for the rear lift kit. My axle rolled, but not off the jack. After that, I decided to do one side at a time - not sure if that's the right approach, but it worked for me.

My rear flip seat has diamond plate on it - if I had it to do over I'd use the flat black plastic. In the sun, it looks like Archimedes Death Ray. Replacing that is simple enough, if it bugs me.

Another awesome BGW tip is upgrading the rear springs if you're installing a flip seat - the rear is solid as a tank with the new springs. The seat itself is heavy, add a couple of big kids/adults on the back and I can see it being a real strain on the stock springs.

I only picked up a couple of extra MPH with the bigger tires & wheels. I'll attribute that to the extra weight of the rear seat, lift kit & springs.

Lastly, a 6" lift is a pretty big lift - make sure you understand the differences in the sizes before you order!

Overall, I'm pleased with how it turned out. Of course, next time I'll do it faster & better. I never would have had the nerve to attempt the lift kit on my own without the resources and encouragement here, so big thanks to everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1778.jpg (186.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1795.jpg (188.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1779.jpg (186.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1796.jpg (186.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1799.jpg (194.4 KB, 42 views)
MikeJafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Kidder
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 CC DS upgrades - Before/After Pics

Looks good! What voltage is that cart?
Kidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #3
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

cart looks killer!

is that a precident top? i really like the black frame. mine looks like oxidized pitted garbage.

have you considered brushing the diamond plate to reduce some of the reflectiveness? black powder coating would take care of it and match the rear foot rest/step.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
MikeJafo
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
Looks good! What voltage is that cart?
Thanks Man! It's a 48v Series.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
MikeJafo
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
cart looks killer!

is that a precident top? i really like the black frame. mine looks like oxidized pitted garbage.

have you considered brushing the diamond plate to reduce some of the reflectiveness? black powder coating would take care of it and match the rear foot rest/step.
-sj
Thanks! The black frame is another reason I should have gone with the black plastic flip seat, but oh well. The idea of brushing it is great, I'll probably start with that. The top is standard for that year DS (as far as I know) - I have an earlier 88" top that has the round aluminum struts that I might put on it. If I can't make it fit with the black frame, I'd clean up the round ones and get them powder-coated black - I'd get the diamond plate PCed at the same time. My GF is already calling herself a "cart widow" lol - always more to do, it just never stops, right?

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

The top is an 01 or newer, that's when they changed them and they look alot better.

Good looking club car!!
cwayaustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #7
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJafo View Post
Thanks! The black frame is another reason I should have gone with the black plastic flip seat, but oh well. The idea of brushing it is great, I'll probably start with that. The top is standard for that year DS (as far as I know) - I have an earlier 88" top that has the round aluminum struts that I might put on it. If I can't make it fit with the black frame, I'd clean up the round ones and get them powder-coated black - I'd get the diamond plate PCed at the same time. My GF is already calling herself a "cart widow" lol - always more to do, it just never stops, right?

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions!
np! once you sand past the clear coat, the diamond plate will oxidize & dull rather quickly leaving a finish that closely matches the stock unfinished aluminum trim. heres a pic of the step off my cart. the clear is mostly worn off leaving a matte finish. not too purdy, but much less "death-ray"-ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwayaustx View Post
The top is an 01 or newer, that's when they changed them and they look alot better.
ahh... it does look a lot nicer!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0019.jpg (70.5 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by sonicj; 12-11-2010 at 10:44 PM.. Reason: forgot photo
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car