lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #21
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: No reverse

Thats why I solder a loop on end of needles, for hand protection and ease of connecting to meter. What you could use is a thimble like my mother always used?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #22
Captain Michael
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That's what I told my (much younger) bride, she laughed at me and brought out this little plastic POS thimble that would barely fit my little finger. What happened to the good ole metal ones?
Captain Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #23
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had 2 thimbles, one was my grand mothers sterling silver one that she was given when she got married in 1888, the other was my mothers gold thimble given her by Shirley Temple ( child star ) who was our neighbor and my fathers bank president's child in Los Angeles. I gave my daughter the gold one and the silver one went to my daughter in law after my mother passed away.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #24
Captain Michael
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That is way cool! My wife was very impressed, she's a geneology old family history nut anyway. I hope the girls appreciate and cherish those thimbles as much as you did (do).

Still no positive results yet on the reverse issue, but at least I haven't hurt forward. I borrowed a controller from a buddy and I'll give it a shot tomorrow after work.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #25
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Hope U don't blow it up to
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:58 AM   #26
Captain Michael
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

While going thru the process again last night, I noticed that the cart has developed a "secondary" click when the throttle is pressed in reverse. Still have the original controller in it. Forward still working. The solenoid engerigizes and a few seconds later a second click. The buzzer is working. Rechecked the batteries with a full charge: #1 8.54 other five at 8.52 and a total of 51.0 volts.

Your right Gleemo, putting a borrowed controller in, is going to be the last resort. I really don't want to have to buy two of them.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #27
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

The SECOND CLICK sounds strange as I know of nothing that could click except micro inside MCOR and solenoid closing? Being pretty deaf now I dont think that you could hear MCOR micro click unless you are under cart? The solid state controller as far as I know does not make a sound when going to reverse, at least never noticed one? Do you have a relay on your 12 volt power supply?
Yes the girls both cherish the thimbles. Tell your wife that I have history of my family going back to 1500 in Holland and Germany as well as lots of native American ancestors of Cherokee and Seminole nations.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #28
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey captain. Afraid I can`t help with the diagnoses. But I do have a great source for controller rebuilding . Thats all they do is controllers for everything that has one . Like forklifts.carts and many other things. They do them the same day they recieve them and ship them back.Just had a 1204 curtis done. It was 119.50 shipping and all . Sent it in Wed and got it back Friday morning. I live in ohio and they are in Indiana.Let me know if you need their number and you can call for a qoute . Good luck on your cart.
steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #29
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by steele View Post
Hey captain. Afraid I can`t help with the diagnoses. But I do have a great source for controller rebuilding . Thats all they do is controllers for everything that has one . Like forklifts.carts and many other things. They do them the same day they recieve them and ship them back.Just had a 1204 curtis done. It was 119.50 shipping and all . Sent it in Wed and got it back Friday morning. I live in ohio and they are in Indiana.Let me know if you need their number and you can call for a qoute . Good luck on your cart.
Man I love info. like this , U never know when U'll need something
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #30
Captain Michael
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The 12vdc convertor is on a seperate toggle switch and does not make any noise when turned on. I didn't notice the secondary click until I was working in the peace and quiet with out the jams on. I have a helper tonight to do the pedal pushin for me and I'll see if my fingers can find the click. It might be the solenoid kicking back out, but it seems like it would do the same in forward.

Mariah has traced my people back to the early 1800's. It seems my paternal family came to SC thru Charleston from Ireland. I responded "we're flippin Celtic Arish" (that's the southern pronunciation for Irish) but we are who we are.

Thanks Steele, I bet quite a few members could us that information. I'll let you know how progress is coming along. We really need to get the cart back to work making money instead of costing money.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car