lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
capthump1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Location: (winter) Homosassa,Fl / (summer) Bayonne,N.J./ Port Jervis, N.Y.
Default Re: Can Batteries Change Polarities???

The way I get it is the ones that changed were completely dead, when they are that way they don't know which terminal is + or- when he put his charger on them they took the charge from the polarity from the battery it was connected to in the loop. In other words if the batteries - was hooked to a+ which it would be because they are in series, it took that polarity. He can take an old school charger put on 2 amps hook it up red+ black- and charge it to about 6volts it will reverse the polaritie back.put it back in the loop and charge backup with the 48v charger and he should be fine.
capthump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #12
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriderno22 View Post
get rid of those batteries...do not try to save them....

it can be very dangerous if it decides to reverse again while your on the cart

i have seen it happen once with a friends old ezgo, we did what gorno suggested

and the first time he used the cart.... boom... the 2 batts that fliped exploded..

no one was hurt but it could have been worse
Same thing happened to me. Batts were only 2 months old. Tried the drain it dead and recharge it trick. Seemed like it was working for couple hours, Then the charger went up in flames. Checked all batts and all 6 had good voltage with correct polality, Next day same two batts were reversed again. Next day heard a loud bang and and one of the 2 batts exploded just sitting in front yard not charging or anything. I know it sucks but replacing batts is still cheaper than blowing one up under your a$$. You can replace all 6 batteries twice for less than even a quick trip to your local ER.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #13
capthump1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Location: (winter) Homosassa,Fl / (summer) Bayonne,N.J./ Port Jervis, N.Y.

Thanks,BBM I'll pass it on to my buddy.
capthump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car