lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #11
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Default Re: 99 48volt club car

Quote:
Originally Posted by badluck View Post
Okay here is what i got after i jumped the solenoid , The dioed is shorted and no good now going to get replacement tomorrow but i was checking the voltage on the small post on the solenoid that comes from the forward limit switch (white /black) wire and i was getting only 1 volt Ref to ground and i don't know if this is correct, but originally it would just bump f/r 1 time until you would turn the key off /on then it would do the same again. I have taken the obc out of circuit and seen it had a burnt spot on it could this have been my problem all along. Thanks i am just trying to help a friend out.
If you have jumped the large posts on the solenoid and the cart does not go then its not the solenoid or OBC as you have bypassed both.The black/white wire shud have 0v with the key on, the F/R lever in fwd or reverse and the accelerator at rest. Press the accelerator and you should have battery voltage +-51v on fully charged batteries.If you have that reading from the solenoid small positive post to earth but the solenoid does not click then its probably a faulty earth to the OBC from the solenoid, which can be bypassed by connecting the small post negative directly to the #6 battery negative or the B- Post on the controller.If you do that and leave it that way all you are doing is disabling the OBC function of preventing the cart from being driven when the charger is connected.You do need to replace the diode if faulty.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #12
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Here is a little help
Is this your cart ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48VolrPowerDriveDiag.jpg (137.9 KB, 29 views)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #13
badluck
Not Yet Wild

Okay i finnaly had a chance to replace diode and solenoid and in the process found bad micro switch on F/R activation circuit. Replaced micro switch and it would still not go. So i ran a jumper to small yellow post on solenoid to Negitve side on Battery 6 and it started running. So this tells me that i have a bad OBC. Just wanting to know if i can find a good used one or be able to bypass it. I am using a Thunderbull Charger. And again thanks for the help.
badluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

charger model Number please
Old 04-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #15
badluck
Not Yet Wild

All it has on it is ser# of A3102102 and date: 2010-06-08. Dont know if this helps. Thanks
Old 04-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #16
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Is thei the charger which came with the Cart.
is it a onboard charger or stand alone Unit , U could jump the charger and bypass the OBC for testing .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TESTING%20PICTURE.jpg (141.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #17
badluck
Not Yet Wild

No it is a aftermarket.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:59 AM   #18
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

So the charger is designed to work with the OBC on a club car ?
Old 04-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #19
badluck
Not Yet Wild

Thats correct and i have a obc on its way. Thanks again
Old 04-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #20
badluck
Not Yet Wild

Got new obc and put it on and everything is working know. Thanks Again ? If you happen to notice that your cart won't do anything but bump you can try bypassing the obc by running jumper from small yellow wire on solenoid and to the negitive side of the last battery and if it goes then you have a bad obc.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car