lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #1
jg6743
Not Yet Wild

Default 08 emergee wiring ?

working on an 08 tomberlin. cart pack voltage is 24v... batteries are 8 years old 3.7-4.1v is what they test individually. My ? is about a green wire that connects to the pack. any feedback would be great... other then telling the customer should of bought an ezgo!
jg6743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2019, 02:25 PM   #2
Monterey
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Re: 08 emergee wiring ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg6743 View Post
working on an 08 tomberlin. cart pack voltage is 24v... batteries are 8 years old 3.7-4.1v is what they test individually. My ? is about a green wire that connects to the pack. any feedback would be great... other then telling the customer should of bought an ezgo!
I have a 2010. I can look at mine if that helps. Specifically what are you looking for in regards to the green wire on the pack? Does it connect to the positive? Are you looking for where it goes?

Scott
Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:26 PM   #3
Role
Gone Wild

Default Re: 08 emergee wiring ?

The green wire is a lockout wire that comes off of your charger to prevent runaway when charging.
If the green wire is not connected to anything, then the red wire that it would have been connected to, has probably already been cut and a ring terminal placed on it and likely already by-passed and connected directly to the main battery positive.
Which is why the green wire is sitting there by itself.

you could obviously test what i just said by plugging in your charger and then turning your key on and tapping the pedal with the rear wheels jacked off the ground.

If the wheels move, then it's been bypassed and disregard the green wire. Unless you prefer to have it lockout so you dont drive off with your charger, you can reverse the by-pass.
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin