lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #21
h23155
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: stops running

i know when it does it the fuel filter will go dry and after a prime it will fill back up
h23155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #22
TDay
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't have the fuel problem. I just had the carbon build up in the muffler. I put it on my gas grille on high for about two hours with the lid closed. It got up to about 600 degrees! A lot of smoke came out of that muffler. Will try installing it in the morning to see if that cleaned it out.
The guy with the fuel problem has an issue that I haven't personally encountered. It does act like a vapor lock of some sort though. It acts like it is losing its prime which sounds like the crank seals are going bad.
TDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #23
h23155
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yes that is what i told my dad vaper lock so he got new pump lines to all and filter and still there? he will check spark in the morning he puts about 15 to 30 miles on a day any more
h23155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #24
TDay
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I could be wrong about this, but I believe vapor lock would have to be in a line under vacuum. I don't think you will see it in a pressurized line like the one from the tank to the carburetor which is pressurized by the fuel pump. I'm not sure why I believe that, but it makes sense to this hillbilly
TDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:20 AM   #25
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Do you know that the valves are adjusted correctly. Have you removed the carb and cleaned it thoroughly? I would keep it simple since I am betting the problem is something we are all overlooking. The coils are tough on those carts. If it was a coil getting hot and failing, you could wait til it stops running and pour cold water over it.....not the block though!! If it starts after being cooled off then Bingo there you go. I really would remove the carb and clean it really well. If the plugs are dry when it stops running and won't start I would say that you have a fuel delivery issue. I am guessing that no amount of choke will help the carb to prime when it stops? If so then your search is now narrowed from the bowl on the carb to the fuel tank.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:52 AM   #26
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Hello all,

My litle bit...

Check if the needle in the carb is ALWAYS moving free and not sometimes closing the entrance of the floating bowl.

I speak about my mikuni gaspump.
At the back where the vacuumline is coming in, right near that there is a little hole.
It has to be free and not filled up with grease or dirt.
Function?
It allows the membrane in the pump to go up and down so its the ventilation from the pump.

Both things can couse a lack of gas for long drives / longduring higher revs.
In case one because of closing the fuelline and in case 2 because of a to little moving / stroke??? of the membrane.

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO