lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
smoother
Not Yet Wild

Default Crank rebuild

I just picked up a pair of 90 gas ezgo carts and while they ran, they were ready to die. I have one apart and there is evidence of a water issue with what appears to be rust and pitting on the rollers of the crank pin bearing. The other crank bearings were junk. Years ago while doing the dirt bike thing ,we would press apart the crank and rebuild the bottom end. Is this something I can do with these or do I need to get a whole crank assembly?
I also need to know if the injector pump is a throw away or repairable. I had it chucked up in my cordless and ran it for five minutes with no oil movement. I can always go premix but an injected motor would be nice. Any thoughts?
Thanks
smoother is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
ShortBusDriver
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Crank rebuild

You right, an injector pump is nice but do you really want to rely on a 19 year old pump to not turn your engine into a boat anchor?
Besides, the 244cc Robin 3PG is only throwing 9 horses. Why burden it with an extra pump to run if you can premix.
Even if it was workin' the guys around here will tell you to mix it.

Quote from another thread: Yes, use a baby bottle that's graduated in ounces. Mix 1.5 oz for 1 gallon if you are NOT on a golf course.
If you fill your tank up, you would mix it with 7.5oz. If your going to drive less than 1/4 mile at a time, add 5oz to your tank.

Don't know about the bearings.
ShortBusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Crank rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusDriver View Post
You right, an injector pump is nice but do you really want to rely on a 19 year old pump to not turn your engine into a boat anchor?
Besides, the 244cc Robin 3PG is only throwing 9 horses. Why burden it with an extra pump to run if you can premix.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO