lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
LESLIELRD
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Back seat lifted club cart

I want to add a back seat to my lifted 03 club cart ds. What do I need to order besides the seat?
LESLIELRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Back seat lifted club cart

Welcome to BGW!

Some will say to add heavy duty rear leaf springs, but, I have them and they're pretty stiff!
I'd suggest Cart Parts Plus, "add a leaf"... they'll help support the extra passengers, and not give you a "bone jarring" ride!

click>>> http://www.cartpartsplus.com/add-a-l...ring%20helpers

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
TRP
Gone Wild

+1 to what Lockman said. I have an 88 club car with the extra seat and the HD springs. When I'm just cruzing around - with nobody in the back seat, it's like I have no rear suspension at all. BAM!

I ordered the deluxe rear seat kit from DIYGolfCart. I had the diamond plate powder coated black. The seat kit bolts up easily. No muss no fuss. Make sure you follow their directions. Don't tighten any bolts until everything is on the cart and assembled. Once its' all 'together' - then you can start snugging up the bolts. This method allows everything to move and adjust itself. I tried to tighten everything as I went and it didn't fit right. I had to loosen up everything and start over. I did that, and viola! Perfect fit. Check my build thread and you'll see how it all looks.

Get the 'add a leaf' kit. and you'll be

T
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
crash test dummy

bushings .. it's a good time to replace them
Old 06-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
Kudaman
Gone Wild

Club Car

These guys are great! Hit the nail on the head! Add a leaf and bushings are a great idea! the heavy duty springs are basically the same as an add a leaf. Check with you local spring shop. They can provide you with the thickness of a leaf that best suits your needs. Different leaves giv you different capacities. With a seat kit and large riders you might be looking at 1/2 inch steel but with kids on the back you might only need 3/8ths.
Kudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
H2OSkiBum
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Got this one from Diy Golf Cart (Club Car DS Golf Cart Rear Flip Back Folding Seat Kit Polyethylene Cargo Bed) nice made kit and the step is below the bumper better on a lifted cart. I did the heavy spring and bushings on one of my carts hard ride will not do that again. just my 2 cents...
H2OSkiBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
EXSSIVE
Getting Wild
Club Car

How about using just a shackle lift kit and that would solve the harsh ride from doing the spring route. I found this one.....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLUB-CAR-DS-...item257ca58ef1
EXSSIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXSSIVE View Post
How about using just a shackle lift kit and that would solve the harsh ride from doing the spring route. I found this one...
http://bit.ly/12jPgKh
bad link

Tags
back seat, club cart ds, lifted
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car