lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default total govenor removing on g9

I'm doin a clone swap and wondering if i have to do anything to the rearend besides remove the stock cable that ran from rearend to stock carb....there is another cable that runs from gas pedal to arm on rear....is that also part of gov??....should i remove the arm itself(that comes out of rearend)??.... jus a thanks to all who can give me ANY input...and i also removed gov gear in clone....without this forum i'd be so so screwed!!..again Thanks
Dog321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: total govenor removing on g9

Some say you should remove the guts from the rear but most do not and very rare to have an issue from it. You can take the arm off and that should be good. The whole cart governor is in the rear and that arm. The long pedal cable goes to the arm solid, just use that for your throttle on the clone now and be sure you put proper working return spring on it, get full carb opening, leave a little slack in the pedal so it starts at idle, etc. There are various posts on how to rig up the throttle cable. In the clone make sure you plug the hole I think you can put a 3/8 tap down it and then seal a bolt or set screw in it, use grease and rag to keep chips out of engine. If you leave the rod in the hole make sure it can't hit the crank or come out/etc. some cut it off short and put back in I took it all out and plugged it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #3
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thamks Sho... jus wasnt sure if i took the arm and large spring off sumtin would drop down in rear housing....great info !!...now for clone after i took gov gear out.... i removed the shaft...ran a bolt through the hole followed by a locknut....oh yeah...something NOT TO friggin Do!!.... never put the ground (from welder) on back bumper....then try to weld your motor mount inplace....I'M NOW WAITING FOR MY NEW FORWARD AND REVERSE CABLES.....swing arms move....the ground is then made by the cables...with the spirial makings of the cable ihousing it acks like a long skinny heat gun...15 seconds of welding makes the plastic drip like lava....shure am glad i dint swear(i'm lucky soneone dint call the po pos)....lol...i did somthing ealse that i havnt heard of in this forum to make motor more dropped down an level...if i could figure out how to attatch pics on hear ill show it
Old 09-27-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Yep,also never ground to the rear-axle/transaxle housing,or bearings will be on your to-do list.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Here are pics of the G9 mounts I welded in, just couple of bars and think a 1.25 or 1.5 tube under the gen mount to lower the front. You have to jack up the stock mounts they sag badly with no engine in there. Yes the cradle is not part of the frame and the frame is not well grounded, remember that when you wire anything to the cart....put your own ground to anything you add.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...tml#post769005
Old 09-27-2014, 07:23 PM   #6
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks sho...been watching ur threads much....good job!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM01489.jpg (106.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #7
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

If ya zoom in u can see my toasted cables....lol
Old 09-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Ouch, well sometimes that stuff happens. I found my clone was rubbing the block on the shift bracket there by the oil drain. I had to grind a little out of the block, it must flex a little and rub there. I had to pull the engine and drill new holes to fit my new clutch.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:15 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
yep,also never ground to the rear-axle/transaxle housing,or bearings will be on your to-do list.

lol! Oops!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha