lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2020, 10:29 AM   #1
Bustinbeards
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Easy and cheap way to Recover your seat

I bought this cart and like most the seat needed to be recovered, The vinyl had a few tears and mildew stains. Honestly, I also wasn’t a big fan of the white seats. I bought 6 feet of coyote tan 1000D cordura off eBay, it is very abrasion and water resistant and cost 25$

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1000D-Cordu...R/264547287972
I got a few tools together.

I took the seat back off and popped off the plastic backing, it is Only held on by two staples.

Next I laid the seat on the cordura and cut it to fit.

Start in the middle of the seat back and work towards the sides pulling the cordura tight and Using the staple Gun to hold it in place. Do both long sides first then do each side in the same way, from middle to the corner. Go slow on the corners and just try to pull fabric tight with the fewest folds possible. I am definitely not a professional, just take your time and pull everything tight as you can before stapling.

Re staple the seat backing back in place and remount back onto seat bracket.

Bustinbeards is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2020, 10:44 AM   #2
Bustinbeards
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Easy and cheap way to Fix your seat

Next I started on the seat. I removed the seat and the hardware and front plastic seat molding, my seat handles did it not want to come off, so I just left them on and worked around them.

I used the same process. Lay the seat on the fabric, cut the Cordura to fit The seat. Start in the middle of the seat stretching and pulling the cordura tight and stapling from middle And working towards the sides. Do both the front and back edges making sure you pull everything tight as you go. On the sides, I cut a slit where the handle screws attached and started pulling and stapling in the middle of the handle just slowly working and stretching and stapling the fabric tight with the fewest possible wrinkles while working towards and around the corners.

Replace the mounting hardware and restaple the front plastic seat mounding and remount on cart.

Bustinbeards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:10 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Easy and cheap way to Recover your seat

Looks good. I hadnt considered using Cordura before.

Just to add, the vinyl at hobby lobby holds up very well and is about $8 per yard. They usually have gray, black, tan, and sometimes white. 1 yard is usually enough for a seat. it takes a little practice and massaging but is pretty tough and stretchy to pull tight around the corners too. Even on tough curves on ATV seats. Ive only had it rip on me once. It was a freshly covered ezgo, big sharp (freshly cut) branch right through the back as I was driving through the woods way too fast lol. My kids ATV held up for about 4 years of heavy wear when I sold it recently, still looked like new.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:23 AM   #4
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Yes on the stretchy stuff, makes it much easier to get decent results on the corners. Of course sewing the corners/curves is how the pros do it with the non-stretchy stuff
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:32 AM   #5
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Man them pictures are yuuuge .
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:11 PM   #6
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

You pictures are way too big for me to see. Make them smaller where we can see them
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:42 AM   #7
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

basically what i did to mine, some nice marine canvas material. Vinyl is cheap and ugly garbage.

and you should take the 10 minutes and take some of those staples out and do those edges and corners better, won't be perfect but that looks like you slapped it together in 5 minutes just to make this poorly put together "instructable"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart1.jpg (102.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart2.jpg (346.3 KB, 0 views)
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:32 PM   #8
Jeverall
Not Yet Wild

Default Easy and cheap way to Recover your seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfinnegan View Post
basically what i did to mine, some nice marine canvas material. Vinyl is cheap and ugly garbage.

and you should take the 10 minutes and take some of those staples out and do those edges and corners better, won't be perfect but that looks like you slapped it together in 5 minutes just to make this poorly put together "instructable"

Nice! I had considered wrapping my cart in that camo, maybe I’ll just wrap my seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeverall is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO