lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 97 DS Club cart goes from slow right to full speed

ratatass can you take a few pics and post.......on the 97 have you opened the v-glide to see what shoes and wiper arm look like?........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #12
Ratatass
Not Yet Wild

Thanks!

Well here the story goes:
1. Out of the V-Glide on Microswitch Side a black and a green wire comes out.
--supposed to attach to blue(ignition) and Green/White(Microswitch no 1 - inner on F/R)
Solution - I have them connected to each other. (Wrong ofc). So now the V-glide probably is somewhat out of function. SEE PICTURE (Green/Black wire on top of V-Glide)

2. Blue ignition and green/white coming out of the cart are also connected together creating a loop.

3. White and Black #18 from Controller goes to microswitch no 3 (outside F/R). Microswitch tied together with green wire to always be open.

This enables the cart to go full speed either forward or in reverse. If I don't do it this way Cart only goes in reverse FULL speed.

I have replaced two wires -
a) the black/white from Solenoid positive to Microswitch no 1 (now black)
b) the red from Solenid positive to Controller (still red)

Also Replaced : Solenoid, Resistor(solenoid), Diode(Solenoid), V-Drive.

Little uncertain on the V-Drive and its resistors. Also the black and white wire how that was attached to the V-Drive.

Help is really appreciated. Hope the pictures are good and work!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_8994.jpg (51.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8989.jpg (51.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8988.jpg (52.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8981.jpg (40.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8996.jpg (41.8 KB, 5 views)
Ratatass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #13
Ratatass
Not Yet Wild

Additional Photos of V-Drive.
Also shows the White and Black (#1 wires that split to controller and microswitch.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_8995.jpg (46.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8974.jpg (49.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8993.jpg (50.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8979.jpg (43.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_8976.jpg (48.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,m sorry i,m still scratching my head looking at this...........................
Old 06-13-2011, 11:23 PM   #15
Ratatass
Not Yet Wild

Does someone maybe have a little info on the V-Drive and its sequence of resistors, and maybe strength of resistors ? The two cables on the V-Drive (resistor side) which is connected to the microswitch(F/R) and the Solid State Controller, are they hooked up right ?

At times I'm called in to Babysit complex operations in a Real Time Operations Senter and I know how difficult it is to troubleshoot odd things. But There is always someone that have seen something similar and have a solution :)
Old 06-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

have you did a serch for the wiring diagram for your cart? there should be one in the stickies........after looking at the pics my best peice of advice since i don,t have the cart with me is to start with the wiring diagram and get all the wires right and get rid of those jumper wires..........cart moves backwards and forwards so motor and controller are good its a matter of it being miswired somewhere and i think you might have 1 problem with the F&R assmb. its dosn,t look healthy at all from the pic.......i also don,t think its going to be costly its just gonna take some time tracing wires............i wish i had more to offer but if this cart were with me this is where i would start.............................
Old 06-14-2011, 09:43 AM   #17
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Go to www.golfcarpartsdirect.com and then check for diagrams of v glide unit for your year cart and then check the wiring diagram at bottom. This should answer your questions.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:41 AM   #18
Ratatass
Not Yet Wild

Well Thank you guys. The website does indicate on the V drive that one wire should go on the "end" of the contact copper points and one on the second contact point. None of the manuals that I could find show the resistors and their ratings on the V assembly, I only find the separate COIL resistors (big ones) at the back of the cart connected to the V-Drive (gas pedal).

I have used the wiring diagram and I have done all the continuity tracng of wires. What I will have to do next is to experiment with the V-Drive. I bought some resistors at Radioshack. I guess If I did it right I will take the resitors off and read the color code on them - then order the exact ones and attach.

The F/R switch could be a problem, but logically it shouldn't. But I'm always open for input. It does work - for forward and reverse.

Is it so that the Resistors are there to create a variation in amperage to the controller ? So one end of the V-Drive (black wire to controller and Microswitch) is the "negative pole" if you want and the white wire is attached to the reisistors (and controller/microswitch). So when you push the pedal the black wire attached to the arm that touche the rectangle copper points on the V-Glide then get more resistance as you move it ?

Anyways - I'm happy with your answers. I will still search for a detailed diagram of theat 36V power V-Glide with the resistors (small) attached on one side. That is where I need to start.

I got one week before I return to the Oil rig in The North Sea, so I have some time yet :)
Old 06-17-2011, 06:30 AM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

also check the inner workings of the v-glide make sure all contacts are smooth and moveable arm is doing its job.......................
Old 06-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #20
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

When you go to golfpartsdirect.com it shows factory part numbers and sequence of installation for V glide solid state resistors. NOTE look closely as there are 2 resistors ( 300 ohm ) that are same part number but used in different locations. Factory used on 48 volt carts only.
NOTE unless its hidden your pictures show ONE RESISTOR SHORT ( 6 total ) and resistance might be incorrect order?
Actualy the resistance for Club Car is backwards compared to most other brands, after 1996 and up its 5K-0 OHMS which means high resistance at start and nothing at high speed.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car