lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #11
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
That's a hard one to 'guess' at. The motor coupler can also be called the input shaft.
That's what I figured... yea, a fluid check is in order.... Is the input shaft/coupler something that is easily replaced? Looks like just pulling the motor, and the snap ring holding the bearing and shaft gear in place and simply sliding it out.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #12
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DCS Jerk F/R with Beeping

Mike, So I have the input shaft out,the internals look ok and the bearings feel good and tight, no slop, the internal worm gears so no sign of wear.

However, the splines on the input shaft where the motor attaches are worn. Instead of having the norm milled edge, all of the splines have worn to a point, kinda like a triangle, would this be causing the noise I am hearing, everything else seems ok.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #13
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: DCS Jerk F/R with Beeping

from what i can sse, and hear, i would replace the male and female portion of blth shafts. the audio sounds like a bad ujoint, though these dnt use ujoints, but its the same, with constant torque on them they are ok. but with it coasting or the power taking off, they are cconstantly rocking back at forth from fward to reverze if you understand. smae thing as whaen you pull a trailor it satys in back, when yuo pull foward, hit the brakes, moves foward on theh ball or pintle. same thing. thats just my .02.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO