lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
m_l_chandler
Not Yet Wild

Default Which Speed Control Module Do I Have?

This is my first EZ-GO golf cart. The manufacture code on the passenger side glove box reads "C3097". The best I can tell it is a 1997 TXT. Currently it does not go at all and I'm in the process of trouble shooting it. I think it is the speed control module but I'm not sure. If I need to replace it which one should I buy? The current module has "P281523" on it but nothing else. It has three lugs (M1, B-, B+) and a six pin connector with 5 pins. What is the amp rating for this module? Is this a non-DCS cart? The cart has a lift and off-road tires, should the module be upgraded?
m_l_chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which Speed Control Module Do I Have?

The last 2 numbers of the manufactures code is the year, located inside the passenger side glove box, the 2004 and newer ezgos dont have a serial number plate in the box, they have a serial number sticker under the rear access panel behind the seat, and then on the driverside frame rail below the floor board, stay away from 96-97 DCS carts, there is a a reason they only built them for a short time,

DCS will have a F&R lever behind the driver's knee and a run/tow switch on the enviromental cover on the controller. The backside of the f&R looks round like a hockey puck.

PDS carts will have a Tow/Run switch with toggle switch for F&R on the dash

SERIES carts will have a shift lever like the dcs cart down by your legs, but it will NOT have a tow/run switch. Also the actual F&R switch is in the corner by the controller and there is linkage from it to the lever in the center.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
m_l_chandler
Not Yet Wild

My cart has a serial number above the manufacture code in the passenger side glove box. From your description it must be a SERIES cart because it does not have a run/tow switch and the F&R switch is in the corner by the controller and there is a linkage from it to the lever in the center.

Is there any way to determine the amp rating of the current controller?
m_l_chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

275 was pretty standard
Old 01-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You need a 400 amp controller or bigger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO