lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #21
z71georgiaman
Getting Wild

Default Re: E-Z-GO 48 volt conversion

I am running 8 6volt batteries,,,I mounted the two extra batteries in the bagwell.Helps with the wheelies too.
z71georgiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2010, 10:08 PM   #22
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, guys!
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #23
Gman757
Not Yet Wild

I just bought a new EZGO Sport 2+2 and I was not satisfied with the speed and torque so I converted to 48 volts. I went with six 8 volt batteries, 500 amp alltrax and D&D motor. You would definately get more range with the eight 6 volt setup...the only downside is the added weight.
I put in a separate 12 volt deep cycle battery instead of a converter so I would not be pulliing accessories off of the main battery system and this should help my range a little when running at night.
I am going to run it with this configuration and if I am not happy with the range I will switch to the eight 6 volt setup when it is time to buy new batteries.
I bought this charger and I really like it...... does not boil my batteries like my EZGO charger and it seems to charge a lot faster:
Gman757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO