lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2010, 04:04 PM   #11
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36V Dual Battery Pack-Is it worth it

Thanks. The reason I ask is that most "Marine" batteries are not really deep cycle but rather a hybrid of sorts. Not deep cycle and not a starting/cranking either but somewhere in between.

I think this particular battery is one of them. To do a true deep cycle battery for use in a GC then you should stay with proven deep cycle technology to insure the highest number of cycles. GC's are typically driven to a high DOD and that is where deep cycle batteries excel and others fail.

Scottyb is spot on in that those Walmart batteries will not likely see the service life as compared to a true deep cycle but if your neighbor is happy then all is well. Hope they stay happy for several years but if not, the return policy at Walmart is one of the better ones.

BTW, a 10 mile range is way low when compared to a 36v pack of 6v GC batteries.

Thanks again for the info.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2010, 05:06 PM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

lmao I tried the Group 29 Marine battery from Interstate. Great battery so long as you don't mind the shortened driving range and the constant need to recharge them.... Oh and did I mention that the pack was completely used up within 2 years? We sell 6 volt Interstate Golf car batteries for $99 each and I have yet to have a customer get less than 5 years with CASUAL maintainence on them. The Customers that truely take care of their batteries usually get 6-8 years, and I had 1 customer recently that eeked out 11 years on a set.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #13
aproldan
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=pggroves;429063.

BTW, a 10 mile range is way low when compared to a 36v pack of 6v GC batteries.

Thanks again for the info.[/QUOTE]

i told her she would only get half the range but for their needs that was enough for them to make all their runs for the day... if you don't have the money something you need to make due with what you can afford......
aproldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aproldan View Post
i told her she would only get half the range but for their needs that was enough for them to make all their runs for the day... if you don't have the money something you need to make due with what you can afford......
I agree, but maybe looking for a decent used set would have been a better idea in this case. I have sold used sets of 6 volt batteries that were 3 years old for about what you paid for the new 12 volt batteries and had the new owners run them for 3-4 years without trouble. I'm just concerned that she is gonna be unhappy when those batteries don't last over time....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:07 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is what it is now..... Thank you PG getting the facts and to Rabbit 4 lending us your technical expertise .......
It has always been the general consensus of the very knowledgeable membership that this type of battery substitution falls short of performance and useful life expectations. In the long run it actually costs more to run the wrong (non Golf Cart) batteries over the life of the cart or per mile, whichever way you want to look at it ......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36v, batteries, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO