lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
ptcartguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 06 PDS Think I killed it!!!

Ok.. let me start by saying I'm a idiot!! Was working on my 06 PDS today and did not flip it to tow.. Went to disconnect the charger port from the body and let the pos and neg touch.... that felt great! Cart is now dead, no forward or reverse, no sound from the reverse buzzer... nothing. I'm sure I fried something... what do I need to do or replace?
ptcartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 06 PDS Think I killed it!!!

You might be a lucky idiot

The reed switch in the receptacle may have blown.... you can bypass it by connecting the small red wire at the back of the receptacle to the battery main Positive via a 50 amp fuse.(the reed switch is a fuse link but, costs about $44)...... you can see the reed switch in this pic. It needs to be 36v pos to run the cart..... PS. Don't do that again! Welcome to BGW!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3541.jpg (76.6 KB, 25 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I dont think a 06 has a reed switch does it? maybe a big fuse at the pos. terminal. Any way you probably blew one of the above.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
ptcartguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Awesome... thanks guys!
ptcartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarfixer View Post
I dont think a 06 has a reed switch does it? maybe a big fuse at the pos. terminal. Any way you probably blew one of the above.
You are correct, since 2005 there are no longer reed switches installed, just 60 AMP Megafuses at the positive terminal of the battery. HOPEFULLY...... the cart was wired correctly and the main 36+ for the controller was directly on the battery and not on the same side of the fuse as the charger white wire.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
Firemed11
Not Yet Wild

I did that last week burnt up the controller though. Had to order a new one so i got me an alltrax 400 amp should have this week will see how that go's. Good luck to you hope that isnt the case for you too.
Firemed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO