lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #11
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery filler?

Got my jug today. I hope it didn't over fill them,I let the water run until I didn't hear any "gurgling". I then checked them with a piece of hose,it seems the level is about 1/2" above the plates.They were all covered with water but must have been barely covered because I used almost a half gallon of water...,does this sound about right or do you think that I'll have acid on my garage floor?
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #12
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I use about a quart per month in 6 batteries, but I drain and recharge the pack on a daily basis.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #13
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My cart came with the watering system installed, I just don't have the bottle or pump to use it correctly, it also has the black caps with what looks like the little white indicator floating in it.

I was thinking about removing it and putting caps on. Am I only missing a simple bottle with the correct fitting?
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #14
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

If it is like mine you have a hose with a cap on it. Take off the cap and snap on the hand-pump and hose (I know you said you don't have one) Then place free end of hose and place in jug of water---start pumping and all batteries are full when resistance is felt. Remove pump and recap hose. All done in 25 seconds.
Timdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #15
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks tim, I'll look to see what brand it is and search the net for a pump that fits!
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
thanks tim, I'll look to see what brand it is and search the net for a pump that fits!
FWIW - My cart came with the on-board portion of a BFS watering system installed. (Sounds like what you've got from your description, Scooter)

Anyway, I simply cut off the Quick-Disconnect, stuck a plastic funnel in the open end of the tubing and poured in distilled water straight from the jug.
Used a bungee cord to keep the funnel/tube elevated and let gravity do its job while I cleaned the terminals.

Took about two quarts the first time, but only a few ounces on subsequent weekly battery maintenance sessions.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #17
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Took about a 6 mile ride today.I have her on the charger,we will see if I used that jug correctly or will I have a puddle of acid on my garage floor..
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO