lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #11
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone thought about giving this a Try?

I've been looking at using this amp with my ipod as the head unit.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #12
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think the Jenson (first one) would be better. The only thing I don't like about the ipod only set ups is the NO RADIO part. What about football sundays??
I prefer a 6 1/2 speaker, you would have to spend 4x the money on a 5.5 to get the same sound of a cheap 6.5"

That's a very cool system, but a little pricey. I did my in dash sony w/ usb and ipod input, and remote with 2 6.5" Cadence marine speakers for $110.00 (fleabay) I'm on a budget

Putting a head unit in the ball holder slot is suprisingly simple and looks pretty good too.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #13
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Scooter, I haven’t put a radio in anything since high school. Not sure I remember... LOL. Is it really that simple putting it in the ball holder? How do you gain access to the back to do all the wires? I know the cup holder comes off, but I could just get my fingers in there... my big ol hand wouldn’t fit down in there. Maybe it’s time for my 12 year old to learn!
BeerBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #14
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wire it all up before you pop it in the slot!
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #15
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You got it Colt! It's been a while for me too beerbuggy, but it's like riding a bike. I ran the positive, negative, and speaker wire under the cart, in some wire loom, ziptied to the frame rail, stuck it through a hole under the front cowl and pulled it all out of the ball holder, wired it all up to the harness on the radio out in the open and shooved everything back in the hole!

It does require some trimming of the ball holder, do a search on it, there are a few recent threads, I also hit on it in my build thread (mod thread)
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #16
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
You got it Colt! It's been a while for me too beerbuggy, but it's like riding a bike. I ran the positive, negative, and speaker wire under the cart, in some wire loom, ziptied to the frame rail, stuck it through a hole under the front cowl and pulled it all out of the ball holder, wired it all up to the harness on the radio out in the open and shooved everything back in the hole!

It does require some trimming of the ball holder, do a search on it, there are a few recent threads, I also hit on it in my build thread (mod thread)
Yup I have been doing car audio for awhile. Make sure everything works before you do the final mounting!
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #17
Bob Wilson
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I just purchased a am/fm vd player with MP3 jack from Wall Mart along 5/ decent 5 inch speakers & an antenna from the dealer. Cut ourt dash where golf balls go, had to secure with metal "L" bracket under hood cowel.. cut-outs for speakers under cup Holder for clean fit and weather proofing.

Very happy with results. all for under $145. key switch wired , but could also do battery direct with extra inline fuse.
Bob Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #18
progrudge
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
The only thing I don't like about the ipod only set ups is the NO RADIO part. What about football sundays??
yeah i thought about that too but i have iheart radio and pandora radio on my phone along with alot of music..... so no comercials lol... i was more worried about someone stealing my stereo but with this setup nothing is seen all kind of ways to skin a cat.... good luck
progrudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO