lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
icygator
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Cart shudders and will not move.

My son pushed our cart home the other day, he said that he'd done nothing but put it in reverse and then forward (at a complete stop he says) and then it stopped working. I troubleshot what I could, batteries read out individually, 36v where I think I should have it. Let it charge over night, still nothing...tries to move, but just seems like there's not enough Ummph. Check all my fittings (everywhere) and they all seem good. It almost seems like when it's on the charger that it wants to move...but then gives up. Batteries have been well maintained and are not even 3 years old. Cart only comes out now and then so there's not a bunch of wear and tear on it. Any clues...or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by icygator; 09-03-2011 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: Dumb punctuation.
icygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart shudders and will not move.

Even though 3 yrs is not terribly old for batteries you could still have a battery problem. Hold the meter on the battery main + and - and check the standing voltage. Then have somebody press the gas with the cart in gear, what does the voltage drop to when you try to go?
If the voltage drop is more than 2v repeat the same test for every individual battery, If you find one (or2) that drops more than the others ~ this could be your problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
icygator
Not Yet Wild

ScottyB...Thanks for you input...here's some more info...when it's hooked to the charger it seems like it wants to move. I will do as you suggested and let you know...could be a shorted cell? I'll get back. Thanks again.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
bond007
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine acted like that when the solenoid went out....the resister gives it a small bit of juice that made the motor just barely surge like it wanted to go....try jacking the rear tires off the ground and jump the big terminals on the solenoid, then ease into the pedal
bond007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
icygator
Not Yet Wild

Love this site...wanted say thanks for the inputs. Scotty looks like you nailed it...I read the batteries out and sure enough one drop big time...really odd they're not even 3 years old. Shorted cell I suspect. Will find out after I replaced the battery this week. Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO