lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #11
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Default Re: Battery Prices & Comparison

The interstates I just put in came with a 4 year warranty
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #12
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutiger_77 View Post
I need to buy 6- 8 volt Batteries and Im wondering if Advance Auto Parts " Golf Cart " Battery is a Good One, I know Trojan is The Best but What are some Other Brands ?
Trojans are not really seen as the best at this time. Seems they have been cutting corners to keep cost down. Crown, US battery and Deka's are seen as the best down here. As far as price, it will be different depending where you live. Just start calling everybody in your area that sells batteries and ask what they have and the cost.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Trojans are not really seen as the best at this time. Seems they have been cutting corners to keep cost down. Crown, US battery and Deka's are seen as the best down here. As far as price, it will be different depending where you live. Just start calling everybody in your area that sells batteries and ask what they have and the cost.
Oh great After all my research, I was convinced that I couldn't go wrong with Trojans. I went out of my way to buy them and spent more as well. I should have bought those ones at the flea market

Just where did they cut corners anyway? Everyone seems to swear by them??
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #14
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Oh great After all my research, I was convinced that I couldn't go wrong with Trojans. I went out of my way to buy them and spent more as well. I should have bought those ones at the flea market

Just where did they cut corners anyway? Everyone seems to swear by them??
Steve, I didn't say Trojans are bad, just not the top as of right now! My battery dealer talked me out of them. They sell many different cart batteries including Trojan. One of the problems they have had is the top popping off new batteries when they tried to move them. I think they are using cheaper, lighter material to keep the cost down. Club Car dropped them for some reason also!
Old 10-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #15
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Steve, I didn't say Trojans are bad, just not the top as of right now! My battery dealer talked me out of them. They sell many different cart batteries including Trojan. One of the problems they have had is the top popping off new batteries when they tried to move them. I think they are using cheaper, lighter material to keep the cost down. Club Car dropped them for some reason also!
Wow! That sounds like a major manufacturing defect. Do you know when that happened? I would think Trojan would have addressed such a QA issue like that in a timely manner But who knows??

Mine appear to be exactly like the 4 year old OEM ones they replaced. Except, they are red not black CC batteries. Time will tell....
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #16
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Wow! That sounds like a major manufacturing defect. Do you know when that happened? I would think Trojan would have addressed such a QA issue like that in a timely manner But who knows??

Mine appear to be exactly like the 4 year old OEM ones they replaced. Except, they are red not black CC batteries. Time will tell....
I will say that I think the red batteries are better than the black one were! Treat them right and they will treat you right. I did go with the US 12v's on my precedent and time will tell. If I get only 3 years from them, I will do the 6X8 conversion or trade the cart off.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #17
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My buddy has a "Ruff N Tuff" with 2008 Sams Energizers, he has done nothing to them but charge them and go, (i think he added water once) They are still going.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #18
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

I bought Intersate (made by US Battery 8VGCHC-XC), working great, less expensive to go straight to Interstate battery dealer than parts store.
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car