lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #11
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: battery light indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracor View Post
Whats another 7oo bucks......will you expect to see an increase in power with new batteries?
Like night and day
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #12
dracor
Getting Wild
Club Car

so then The alltrax 500 I just installed should really show its true colors....I thought it was working well with nearly dead batteries, guess it will be boss with fresh juice!
dracor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #13
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
so then The alltrax 500 I just installed should really show its true colors....I thought it was working well with nearly dead batteries, guess it will be boss with fresh juice!
I'm putting one of those in too, hopefully soon! I hope you can burn rubber with that controller and new batteries! What cables did you go with, AWG 2 or 4? How did you deal with the OBC?
Old 10-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #14
dracor
Getting Wild
Club Car

Big Steve, the OBC came preprogrammed...you can hook it up and modify settings at usb port, but everything came at 100%...got 4 guage wires along with HD solenoid and resistor/diode. with the help and patience of this forum it was a great intro to gaining the confidence needed to undertake the project (not very technically savy)
Old 10-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #15
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Big Steve, the OBC came preprogrammed...you can hook it up and modify settings at usb port, but everything came at 100%...got 4 guage wires along with HD solenoid and resistor/diode. with the help and patience of this forum it was a great intro to gaining the confidence needed to undertake the project (not very technically savy)
Thanks for the info The OBC is the on board computer that the #4 battery cable goes through. Did your AWG 4 cable fit through the hole in the OBC with the lug attached?

Thanks
Old 10-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #16
dracor
Getting Wild
Club Car

no.....had to open it up with a drill bit....not a problem though...also the wires to HD Solenoid
Old 10-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #17
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
no.....had to open it up with a drill bit....not a problem though...also the wires to HD Solenoid
I think that might be your problem and your OBC is no longer charging the batteries correctly. You may be needing a new OBC and don't drill the next one out.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #18
dracor
Getting Wild
Club Car

think not...was getting same voltage numbers before the controller exchange...it has been 5 years and towards end of last hunting season the charge didnt last as long....
Old 10-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #19
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

You should never drill out the hole in the OBC. You can leave the 6ga wire hooked up but also hook up your new 4ga or 2ga but just go around the OBC and hooh them both up. There are othery was to do it but this is the quickest and easiest. As for your new batteries. You will see a bug difference. After 15-20 charge cycles they will increase in power and runtime. Be sure to charge them in a full cycle before you take a test ride. Your batteries will thank you in the long run for it! Read the sticky at the top and you will have great batteries for years to come!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #20
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

I think you are the 1st to ever drill out your OBC to fit a cable Hey, if it worked I'm kidding! I know you didn't do that to the poor OBC!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car