lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Re: PlumQuick Motor Upgrade: Real World Results / Comparison

Thanks Scubabud, from my search results, I've figured out the motor fits plus your reply has helped me a lot.
Thanks for the instructions and I will use them.
BTW, I just finished a 6" A-Arm lift and 22" tires on 12" wheels. Wow, that cart looks a lot different now.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #12
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

You're welcome

I've had 2 different PQ Purples in my cart... One did around 26mph and the other does around 22-23mph... both good solid motors

Next up... Looks like it will be the Executioner, 30+ MPH

I believe Tahoedawg has one in his 2006 Precedent and it does 33+MPH
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #13
skymast
Not Yet Wild

Too be clear ... i am not dogging PQ ... I obviously like the motor based on ordering two and the performance numbers and my write up was meant to be positive. My opinion is that they are very busy and when this happens, customer service suffers. The issue I had was specific to getting some inaccurate info on the Executioner (and the fact that you could actually use the stock controller) and too many unreturned phone calls.
skymast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #14
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymast View Post
Too be clear ... i am not dogging PQ ... I obviously like the motor based on ordering two and the performance numbers and my write up was meant to be positive. My opinion is that they are very busy and when this happens, customer service suffers. The issue I had was specific to getting some inaccurate info on the Executioner (and the fact that you could actually use the stock controller) and too many unreturned phone calls.
Your input is appreciated and I'm sure Robby, Carson and Rick at PQ would appreciate it as well
Old 10-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #15
Biggie G
Not Yet Wild

Did you already have your cart set on Speed code 4 before installing the new motor? because I am on 3 now and no where near 19 mph...I am also looking at the same motor but just wanted to know if I needed to spend the money to have the higher speed code put in first?
Biggie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #16
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie G View Post
Did you already have your cart set on Speed code 4 before installing the new motor? because I am on 3 now and no where near 19 mph...I am also looking at the same motor but just wanted to know if I needed to spend the money to have the higher speed code put in first?
The regen brake will be disconnected on your PQ motor! No need to spend the money for speed code 4.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #17
scubabud

Club Car

PQ modifies the magnet so that the pickup is fooled into thinking the motor is turning less RPM's then it really is.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #18
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
The regen brake will be disconnected on your PQ motor! No need to spend the money for speed code 4.
Are we talking about regen or speed control? I thought they were independant of one another. My regen still works and my motor goes fast. The controller is all original and never reprogrammed.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #19
skymast
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie G View Post
My cart was already set on 4, which is what got me to the ~19. My understanding is that you dont need to worry about the speed code change when you add the new motor, but you should check that out to make sure.
skymast is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car