lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: First Post, New Build, What Do I Even Have?!

Lots of people have found them for a couple hundred bucks, Kind of depends on age, condition, extras... None running, unless it's really nice (lifted, racks, etc.) I'd say under $500. I'm no expert on carts but I have read a lot in the last month or so and that seems about right.
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #12
Hagen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Have a friend with a lifted mid 1990's club car that wasnt running and I think he got $500 for his. Check Craigslist even as far south as me and you should find something.
Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:11 AM   #13
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

I picked mine up for $200 and thought I got a good deal. I did have to reinforce 2 spots on the frame, right at the battery tray area. Wiltz I'm guessing that is where yours broke. Live and learn. You can fix it easy enough. Just good thing no one got hurt.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #14
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine broke at the driver side outside corner right in front of the rear wheel. Just more work...
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:15 PM   #15
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Manship, I just went through this with my cart. Looking at your photo's, I'd say you're asking a lot of that old, neglected buggy. The batteries are sitting on the ground, in the photo. A great indication that the battery rack is shot. Not that it's a major issue. I replaced mine. But, and here comes the big but, that cart has spent 7 years, or more, sitting on or near the ground in a very moist environment. EZGO frames are full of holes for running wires, tie downs, whatever. That means rust has been given a very good opportunity to get up close and personal with the cart.
Like cars, body parts can easily be replaced or repaired. Like cars, frames are a different story. Repairs can be made. But the time and investment may be more than ever could be considered reasonable. That said, with a wire brush, or other tool, clean and inspect every joint in the frame. Where the cross braces are welded/bolted. Where the springs are bolted, etc. If you find more than minor flake, consider the cart a donor. You already know the battery box is shot. How much more do you want to replace?
Were it me, I'd take the cart and say thanks for the gift. Then I would look for a TXT, (plastic body), as a base for the project. The newer cart will already have the more modern electronics but many of the earlier carts sub parts will fit, if necessary. Just my opinion, but then, my wife already says I collect too many things.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
manship1856
Not Yet Wild

Chloe,

Thanks for the thorough reply! I think you make a lot of excellent points. It may well be more than I want to get into. You definitely gave me a lot to think about. I really appreciate it!

I will have to be very judicious with the in-laws...but I guess it can always be sold for scrap.
manship1856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #17
ParCarJack
Not Yet Wild

Columbia

I'd take the cart and start cleaning it up and see what you got. Even if you get it running for a few bucks and put new batteries in it and decide you don't want to put any more cash in it, you can always take out the batteries and use them in your new project. That is gonna be your biggest investment. Maybe the cart is in better shape than you would think for sitting outside like it did for so long.
ParCarJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #18
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by manship1856 View Post
It sounds like any project...money in, enjoyment out. I don't expect much ROI. This is mostly for me and my boy to cruise the neighborhood in. He's 2 and loves anything on 4 wheels.

Now...

I've just spent the last hour on ScottyB's site operating under the assumption that I have a '79ish model cart.

I'm new to the world of carts, so some of what I'm saying may not make sense. But here's what I *think* I want to do/needs to happen.

New everything.

That about cover it?

I want to lift this machine and get as much power/torque/speed as possible. These are things I'm sure I will need:

New wires.
" solid state system.
" batteries.
" controller.
" wheels/tires.
" lift.
" motor.
Lots of custom work/fabrication.

Am I missing anything?
Battery rack and a charger, lights for night use.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, ezgo, newbie, questions
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO