lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
BrianJColeman
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Absolutely baffled by 2008 Precedent cart...

Good afternoon everyone, I am currently working on a 2008 Club Car Precedent golf cart, 4 X 12volt, for my company and I am so baffled by why it's not running. I was asked to fix a broken ( corroded ) wire, which I repaired but, then the cart would not run / start. The wires I repaired were all on the ( + ) terminal, of the battery all the way to the right, as you're sitting in the cart. The thin red wire went to the charging receptacle, the larger red wire went to the solenoid and a blue "pigtail" wire must be for accessories. I took off all the other wires and cleaned them. I hooked-up a known good charger and while I hear a "click" inside it, the charger will not turn on. Turn the ignition switch on, put selector in either fwd or reverse, step on the pedal and get absolutely nothing...no reverse buzzer, no movement at all, no solenoid "click", nothing! Batteries all check out good at 12.7 volts each and when I checked the complete pack ( "Pos." on the far right battery to "neg." on the far left battery ), I have 50.8 volts. I checked a 10 amp fuse in the back and it is good. I am just baffled! I am mechanically-minded but, I am just missing something stupid, or right-in-front of me, or etc. I've been looking though the posts trying to come up with a solution but, I'm not having much success. Please forgive the long post. Can anyone here please put me headed in the right direction as to what I am missing?? Thanks very much for your help!
BrianJColeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
cmar143
Gone Wild

Default Re: Absolutely baffled by 2008 Precedent cart...

If your sure that all the wires are connected properly it may be that your OBC needs to be reset. Take a look at this link and follow the directions to do a manual reset of it and that may restore your power.
http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...ub-Car-OBC.pdf
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
LJ12530
Gone Wild

Run/Tow switch in Run position? Nah.........way too simple of a fix.
LJ12530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
BrianJColeman
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the reply and OBC link. Unfortunately, it did not work and I did not even hear the reverse buzzer like they said I would! Is it possibly that because of those broken wires, that the OBC is fried?
Old 11-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
BrianJColeman
Not Yet Wild

No, the run/tow switch is in run but, I've over-looked the obvious before...I don't mind at all, playing the fool, as long as I can get the cart working!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Hopefully you had the switch in tow position while you were working on the cart otherwise you could have fried the controller.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
Hopefully you had the switch in tow position while you were working on the cart otherwise you could have fried the controller.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
LJ12530
Gone Wild

2009-2011 Precedent Maintenance Manual
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OBC test 1.jpg (135.6 KB, 0 views)
LJ12530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
cmar143
Gone Wild

Yeah if you got some sparks because power was not cut off to controller before you started it could have damaged the controller. May be as simple as blown solenoid.
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #10
BrianJColeman
Not Yet Wild

Honestly, I don't believe the switch was in tow, as I really didn't really know that...my mistake and an expensive lesson to learn, hopefully not though. Thanks LJ for the OBC test info and I'll try it at work tomorrow. If the OBC tests ok, then I guess I need to look at replacing the solenoid and then test the controller. LJ, would you have a test for that and any other tests that might help me out? I appreciate it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car