lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #11
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bandit, Executioner, Bandit, Executioner...

Don't forget, top speed is overrated because most people report top speed after a slight cruise. The carts usually do not go 0-25 in a few seconds, they slowly get up to it.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #12
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Mine is 0-18 really fast and then climbs to 25 after about 200 feet
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #13
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
What PQ is saying is: Something is not right. You should be getting more than a 2 mph gain vs. stock controller on code 4 with 18.5" tires. He is telling you to make sure all of your batteries are perfect. You can load test them on an individual basis with a meter. See if one is not up to par. He also said not all carts are the same. If your batteries check out and your controller is pushing 500 amps with all regen off then I bet a simple motor replacement will solve all your problems. However, your area has steep hills, so talk to someone about a motor for speed and torque. Just understand, you can't have it both ways with only 500 amps. You may expect to hit around 24+ on the flat and 18+ on hills with a speed/torque motor. Just my 2C.
Steve, you're killing me! haha "with only a 500amp controller"! I just went from a 250amp to this controller! That hurts! I will test every cell individually tomorrow just to be sure, and every battery voltage individually. I'm confident I have a good pack but I will do it. Earlier I said I was reading 46v. while running top speed. Correction, with a somewhat depleted charge, I went back out and watched the SOC meter while I was holding it pegged. It was reading 47.4v consistently and slowly over a mile or two it dropped by .1 or .2 as I went on. I don't know if that's good or bad but that's what it was saying. I think it was 50.1 or so when I went back out, sitting still with no demand on it.

After PQ's comment, I went back into the controller with my laptop and changed the throttle down to 0 and the % to o%. I was told by Alltrax to leave it at the default 65% and at least on 1. So I had minimal regen braking. When I did that second run after changing those settings, to watch the SOC meter. I was running 21/22mph and clearly had no regen braking. I like it with none. Seems like all that's good for (besides slowing down obviously) is killing momentum that takes energy to build back up. I prefer full roll freedom. Another thing I did was aired the tires to max 15lbs. I had been sitting at 20mph before the air. So with air added, regen completely eliminated i'm looking at a 3/4 mph gain from the 250amp Curtis. Is that what is expected? I thought I'd been told several times that speed isn't something you gain when changing the controller, just torque. I just wonder if the Executioner is the right motor or if I need a custom speed/torque motor built? I know one thing for sure, having 4 people on board instead of just me or me and my wife changes things considerably for the worse. Maybe I'm just asking too much?

And the other post is correct too. Top speed is after "getting" there. It isn't instant.

Which motor holds better on the hills, Executioner or Bandit? If I was satisfied with 22mph on flat and didn't want more speed, what motor would sustain the larger amount of that momentum on inclined paved streets? That's my question.
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #14
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Club,
I'm sorry about the "only 500 amps" comment.

PQ can make any motor for any need. Just explain what your needs are and they will make something for you. It may not be a "Bandit" or "Executioner", it may be something with a little less top speed, but increased torque for those CA volcanoes you are climbing.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #15
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Club,
I'm sorry about the "only 500 amps" comment.

PQ can make any motor for any need. Just explain what your needs are and they will make something for you. It may not be a "Bandit" or "Executioner", it may be something with a little less top speed, but increased torque for those CA volcanoes you are climbing.
I feel better now, then. Thanks!

What do you think about those numbers I posted? Do they sound okay or are you onboard with the idea I have a PPP? (possible pack problem)

Volcano hills is almost accurate too! If it was flat around here I'd probably be happy as it is. I can hit 25 mph on a long hill and sit on 21 mph on a flat stretch but 13 mph on those hills makes me feel like I can get out and walk.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #16
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Club, I am making two assumptions here that will hurt your speed up hill. I am guessing you have 12 volt bat setup and a rear seat that is adding weight to you cart correct?
Old 03-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #17
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
Club, I am making two assumptions here that will hurt your speed up hill. I am guessing you have 12 volt bat setup and a rear seat that is adding weight to you cart correct?
Speed,
You are correct. I have 4 - 12's (Trojan's a little over 1 yr. old, well maintained) and a back seat. And when the kids are on the back seat... ya, no fun at all.

Like I've said before... I'd be happy with a strong 25 mph on flat ground with kids on back if I could hold something around 20 mph on the hills. That would be a pretty nice area of performance to be in. I hit 27 mph down a pretty steep street the other night. First time ever hitting that # and I thought, "this is pretty fast, almost on the edge of craziness". The local Speed Limit in our community is 25 mph so exceeding that isn't really necessary, HOLDING it WITH KIDS ON BACK would be nice though. It's more like 18/19 mph with kids on back on flat streets and 13ish when we hit an uphill street.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #18
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

I don't think your battery pack is lacking the power you need. I think you just need a better motor. Research torque/speed motors and make some calls. I think you will find what you need.

When I have my cart going full speed on the flat, my pack voltage is around 44.5-45.5 and I'm doing around 31 mph. I have 12 volt batteries.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #19
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

What kind of motor?

I hear a lot of 30 mph but i do not see any.
If executioner gets you to 30 how long does it take and do you need a tail wind or a slight downhill? I am curious.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #20
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Also, for any golfers how does the executioner perform on grass.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car