lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #11
DC4
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car running slow with new batteries

OK have checked voltage and #1 battery is 6.59 the rest are 8.55-8.50. Looks like a bad battery. Any reason the first one would be bad? One in 6 chance the first in line would be the bad one. Going to trade out for another new battery but don't want it to go bad first time I use it.
Any ideas on what would drain the first in line?
DC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

When you add up the symptoms: New batteries, High charging current, Short running charge time and the first battery really low.... the answer is almost always that when you changed the batteries You did not connect the wires coming from the charger socket to the correct place.
Make sure the positive coming form the charger socket is actually connected to pack positive.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #13
DC4
Not Yet Wild

Does it matter which poss. Battery it is connected to? I think it was connected to # 2. But will check when I get back. Just picked up the new battery. Thank you for help!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, It has to be plugged on the same positive that feeds the solenoid, otherwise you will get all of the same symptoms as before.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #15
DC4
Not Yet Wild

OK got her hooked up correctly. Total pack is 51.1 volts. Ready to try her out! Thank you and I'll let you know how we did!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #16
DC4
Not Yet Wild

Ran great, hooked her up to charger after, only went to 15 amps which is different it has always gone to 20 amps. Yeah. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #17
DC4
Not Yet Wild

Still having problems, the battery charge light keeps going on and off, have wiggled wires behind light and are tight and doesn't seem to change anything. When I plugged charger into cart after a days use it went to 20 amps but after about 2 min. or less dropped to zero. Rechecked voltage of batteries with out it being plugged in and #1 battery is 8.20, all other batteries are 8.35. Don't want to kill another new battery. Have pulled out charger connection several times and replugged it in and it stays at zero. Then tried again heard it power on and it went to twenty and then quickly dropped to zero. Do you think my charger is bad? Do i still have wiring problems. Won't be back with cart until Thursday night. Any ideas? Total pack volts 50.2. when I get back to cart I will reset OBC. But wondering if charger is going out.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:07 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Can you post a picture of your battery compartment showing the wire connections to the batteries?
A bad charger cannot cause a single battery to not charge correctly.
If you are only charging 5 batteries, I would be concerned with those as well as they are probably boiling at the end of the charge cycle.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #19
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

When you first plug your charger in it goes through a self test. It start out at 20 amps and after a min or so it drops to zero. It stays at zero for about another min and will return to the charging rate. If during this self test it detects any problems it will not restart the charge cycle. The one reason I've read for this happening is that the negative lead from the battery is not going through the hole in the OBC.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #20
DC4
Not Yet Wild

I did replace all battery wires this weekend. I'll check that neg lead and make sure it got put back correctly. Won't be back up there until Thursday. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car