lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2015, 08:07 PM   #11
TexasLongball
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brand new batteries charge question

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Charger should charge batteries to about 45-46 volts before it kicks off. Try keeping a close eye on it to see how high it charges.
I'm at 45 right now and working in the garage so hopefully I'll hear it cut off.
TexasLongball is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2015, 10:16 PM   #12
stang99x
Gone Wild

Those gauges are not always the most accurate either. I've seen some that only show like 5 but work perfectly normal. If it's charging properly, and you aren't experiencing any issues, I wouldn't worry about it. In the words of wisdom we should all follow, "if it ain't broke don't fix it."
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:38 PM   #13
TexasLongball
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang99x View Post
Those gauges are not always the most accurate either. I've seen some that only show like 5 but work perfectly normal. If it's charging properly, and you aren't experiencing any issues, I wouldn't worry about it. In the words of wisdom we should all follow, "if it ain't broke don't fix it."
True but this my first cart and first set of batteries. I don't know what to expect. I just want to make sure I'm doing the right things for such a big investment.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:51 AM   #14
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLongball View Post
True but this my first cart and first set of batteries. I don't know what to expect. I just want to make sure I'm doing the right things for such a big investment.
As you should. Education is the basis for knowing when something is going wrong and preventing catastrophic failure. But in this case, I think you'll be fine unless you are experiencing charging issues. The good news is Powerwise chargers are very easy to fix when they fail, and not all that expensive. There are even video's on youtube that show you how to do it all.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:20 PM   #15
TexasLongball
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Cart's been sitting all day and is at 38.3. Looks good to me. It's still torn down but the kids will be excited to take it for a spin.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:22 PM   #16
TexasLongball
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Took the cart for a spin and only made it a handful of times around the neighborhood before it got down to 37.3. Will my range extend A LOT when I break these batteries in? Seems like it's draining pretty quickly.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:26 PM   #17
Gr8hntr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter...n_Methods.html

this is a new batteries guys best friend
Gr8hntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 03:52 PM   #18
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When you say it goes down to 37.3, when are you reading that? Is that while you are running? Immediately upon your return home or some number of hours after the cart is at rest?

To get a correct reading I think it was 10 or 12 hours after you used the cart is when you read it. But the reality is that *most* of the voltage that is regained is within the first hour. When I check my SOC, I do so after a ride. I let it sit for 30 mins to an hour then look. I know a real SOC reading should occur many hours later, but for my use, it's close enough.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:25 PM   #19
TexasLongball
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
When you say it goes down to 37.3, when are you reading that? Is that while you are running? Immediately upon your return home or some number of hours after the cart is at rest?

To get a correct reading I think it was 10 or 12 hours after you used the cart is when you read it. But the reality is that *most* of the voltage that is regained is within the first hour. When I check my SOC, I do so after a ride. I let it sit for 30 mins to an hour then look. I know a real SOC reading should occur many hours later, but for my use, it's close enough.
I check it as soon as I get home. I'll start taking a look an hour after returning and see what my reading is. I didn't know that it would regain voltage without being on a charger. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:03 AM   #20
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Brand new batteries charge question

When you drive it and start from a dead stop what does the voltage do?

The voltage should drop off quickly and once moving it should build back up close to what it was before. It may not go all the way back up but close.

If it drops off and doesn't build back pretty close you have a battery problem are some bad connections building heat.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO