lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2015, 06:56 PM   #1
Farm Boy-2015
Not Yet Wild

Default Buying used cart need info

I'm still looking for a cart , harder to come buy a good deal in my area than I thought. I have a couple questions, are the older models 2008 and older easier to work on? I have been looking for a TXT model( series) I am going to be lifting and making a work horse-hunting cart. Are all the TXT carts series? Thanks
Farm Boy-2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2015, 07:06 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Buying used cart need info

Older series carts are a great candidate for your needs. Not all txt's were series, and the current model txt is not available in series. Older series model txt is generally easier to work on. For your desires, a upgraded controller, cables, & solenoid should be near top of your build list.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:09 PM   #3
Farm Boy-2015
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. would the 2008 be old enough or are you talking older?
Old 06-22-2015, 07:15 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

In 2008, If it has the "shift handle" by the drivers knee, its series. If the switch is on the dash, its a sepex PDS cart. But otherwise, yes old enough.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:27 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Normally cg is 100% correct however sometimes a cart will have a Fnr by your right leg and be a sepex cart but they are push buttons. I have converted quite a few.. I guess there are some series carts that have been converted as well. Cg will correct me I'm sure if I'm wrong but a series cart motor will have 4 wire posts that are the same size. A sepex will have 2 large A studs and 2 Smaller F studs..

That being said if the cart is 100% stock he is absolutely correct.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:35 PM   #6
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Normally cg is 100% correct however sometimes a cart will have a Fnr by your right leg and be a sepex cart but they are push buttons. I have converted quite a few.. I guess there are some series carts that have been converted as well. Cg will correct me I'm sure if I'm wrong but a series cart motor will have 4 wire posts that are the same size. A sepex will have 2 large A studs and 2 Smaller F studs..

That being said if the cart is 100% stock he is absolutely correct.
I've seen a 99 PDS with the handle by the right knee. It was a handle, but it drove a set of microswitches instead of the cam
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:04 AM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
In 2008, If it has the "shift handle" by the drivers knee, its series. If the switch is on the dash, its a sepex PDS cart. But otherwise, yes old enough.
Details (In Red) were key to that post... In 2008, zero DCS cars were produced.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:08 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay so there was a 5 month period in 1999 when Ezgo produced and abandoned the 1st PDS which was really a modified DCS but other than that for this guys purpose any year 36v plastic body TXT cart with the shift lever by your knee and no run tow switch on the controller cover is a series carts and a good candidate for off-road adventure.
Mind you some DCS and PDS carts can fill the bill if the hills are not too steep and the loads are not too big and the speeds are not too slow, especially if using the new XCT controls.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:12 AM   #9
Farm Boy-2015
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the info guys. I have a dealer not to far from me that has a few older carts that I plan to go look at. If he has any TXTs that are 48 volt systems doe's that tell me that it is not a series? If I do find a Txt 36 volt, is it best to convert it to 48 volt when I do the build?
Old 06-23-2015, 08:15 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Details (In Red) were key to that post... In 2008, zero DCS cars were produced.
cg, I agree and my comment was not against you in any way or your knowledge. I was just mentioning it because there are some folks out there, myself being one that have moved their PDS FNR switch to where a Series handle would be. I have many gas carts and I was so used to grabbing for a shifter I moved the switch. I know it would be a rare case but just wanted to throw it out there. There are also some folks that have converted their series carts to use a reversing contactor setup so it would be the same setup.

And again. If the cart is 100% stock, switch on the dash, sepex, rotating handle by the knee, series..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO