lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2015, 06:46 PM   #1
DJGCWB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Need help with 95 medalist

I just installed brand new batteries. US 2200 6 volts. 36 volt system. Cart ran great. Ran batteries down to about 30% life and then hooked up charger. After charging the cart will not move.... Scratching my head. Let the trouble shooting begin. Any ideas???
DJGCWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2015, 07:46 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help with 95 medalist

well.....for starters.....you NEVER go below 50% as irreparable damage will occur to your batteries. Meaning they will not last as long.....and may never reach their full potential.

what voltage is the pack at now?? after you charged them?
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:45 PM   #3
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yikes!
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:14 PM   #4
DJGCWB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Should have been more direct about the charging. They are not fully charged. They were charging for a little over an hour and then a rain storm moved in so I ran out to pull it in the garage and that's when I discovered it wouldn't move. I unplugged the charger(prior to trying to move the cart) and haven't reconnected it because I don't know if maybe the charger is the cause I the problem. Should to be because I never had an issue before with the same charger on the old battery pack. In at my parents and don't have a volt meter.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:20 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

What does the device that told you the battery pack was at 30%, now tell you?

------------
Connect charger and let it run until it shuts off automatically, disconnect it and then plug it back in and let it run until it shuts off automatically again.

While the batteries are charging, buy a DVM. It doesn't have to be an expensive one. A $10 one in a blister pack will work.
It should resolve to 0.01V below about 10V and to 0.1V above 10V.

Individual US 2200 batteries should read 6.41V and the pack should read 38.5V (SoC chart attached)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USBatterySOCtable.jpg (107.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #6
DJGCWB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
What does the device that told you the battery pack was at 30%, now tell you?

------------
Connect charger and let it run until it shuts off automatically, disconnect it and then plug it back in and let it run until it shuts off automatically again.

While the batteries are charging, buy a DVM. It doesn't have to be an expensive one. A $10 one in a blister pack will work.
It should resolve to 0.01V below about 10V and to 0.1V above 10V.

Individual US 2200 batteries should read 6.41V and the pack should read 38.5V (SoC chart attached)

Johnnie, here is a pick of my dashboard battery meter. It's actually just under 50%.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The LED bar-graph type battery meters lie more than politicians do, so do yourself and your batteries a favor and replace it with one of these: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Digita...ry_Meters.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #8
DJGCWB
Getting Wild

Club Car

I really have to think that something went wrong with the controller. All the lights are working and when I put in F or R and depress the accelerator, the solenoid is firing. Cart just won't move.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:32 PM   #9
DJGCWB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The LED bar-graph type battery meters lie more than politicians do, so do yourself and your batteries a favor and replace it with one of these: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Digita...ry_Meters.html

Johnnie, serious question. I did a quick search in eBay and there are a ton of these selling for $10.00, are these not if the same quality as the one you provided the link for? I don't want to buy something that is t going to work properly but also don't want to waste $$$ unnecessarily. Just wondering what your thoughts are. Thank you for your helpful insight!
Old 06-28-2015, 12:38 PM   #10
DJGCWB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Are you thinking I just ran the pack down to too low?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO