lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2016, 09:23 PM   #1
kuzycc
Not Yet Wild

Default EzGo txt won't move

Picked up a 1999 txt 36V that has sat for about 3 years. Installed new batteries and cables, charged the pack and it took off. For two hours or so all worked good then reverse quit. Could not get it in reverse but reverse alarm sounded when FRN was in R. Then it quit forward while it was moving and hasn't moved since. I am good with DC (heavy equipment mechanic by trade). But first electric cart. So I stared trouble shooting. Best I can tell from wiring schematics and service manuals that I've found on line, it's a non DCS 1206 controller. Micro switches on the FNR selector click and send proper voltage. Tested solenoid, solenoid clicks, passes ohms test, control wires are good, 250 ohm resistor is good and contacts are not welded. I have pack voltage (37.5) at B+. ITS from B- to white wire at pin 1 on controller reads 0.5 v as soon as solenoid clicks and rises smoothly to 2.9v with pedal on the floor. Checking from B+ to B- I have pack voltage from the time solenoid engages to the time pedal reaches floor. Is my controller non responsive? Anything else I need to check?
kuzycc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2016, 04:46 PM   #2
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: EzGo txt won't move

Sounds like you pretty much identified your problem.

FNR switch good ? Problem started in that area, ? ?
scrutinize it.

Shot in the dark :
Jack it up.
Jumper the big wires on the solenoid, just to verify.
Sometime they measure good but won't carry current.

Alls left is controller & motor. (or bad motor wire )
Setting for that long, could be a corroded connection somewhere, pass meter testing; but not carry current.
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:08 PM   #3
kuzycc
Not Yet Wild

10/4, I verified the solenoid. Still no change. I will triple check all connections. Before condemning the controller.
What are my options on the controller? Sending it to be rebuilt or replacing?
kuzycc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:04 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The OEM Curtis DCS control has a fatal flaw. It has no low voltage protection. When voltage is low excessive amperage is drawn to compensate for missing voltage. This results in a meltdown of the controller. Do not get this controller repaired. It is doomed to repeat the failure.
If needed, replace this control with the Alltrax new model XCT control 400a & a 200a solenoid. You will be very happy with the performance.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO