lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2017, 04:57 PM   #1
robo19fau
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 Ezgo Rxv POWER REDUCTION WARNING

I have completely rebuilt a 2009 Rxv 48 volt with a new wiring harness, rebuilt Danaher controller, brand new batteries, and new brake. While on the jack stands I was trying to slowly break in the rear end since the cart had sit a couple years and was unable to get he wheels to turn on their own initially. While pushing the gas pedal and helping the wheels turn, I was able to get them to spin. I ran for a minute then stopped the cart put it in reverse and had to do the same thing again. I took the cart to Exgo and the only thing to come up on the computer was a Warning- Power reduction. I got home pushed the cart off the trailer and then decided to drive the cart. With a little push of my foot to help get it going the cart ran fine. I was able to start and stop a couple times and even reverse. I pulled the cart in and let it sit and had the same issues again. Any ideas, they were unable to give me direction other than possibly the controller wasn't fixed right.
robo19fau is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2017, 06:04 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 Ezgo Rxv POWER REDUCTION WARNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo19fau View Post
I have completely rebuilt a 2009 Rxv 48 volt with a new wiring harness, rebuilt Danaher controller, brand new batteries, and new brake. While on the jack stands I was trying to slowly break in the rear end since the cart had sit a couple years and was unable to get he wheels to turn on their own initially. While pushing the gas pedal and helping the wheels turn, I was able to get them to spin. I ran for a minute then stopped the cart put it in reverse and had to do the same thing again. I took the cart to Exgo and the only thing to come up on the computer was a Warning- Power reduction. I got home pushed the cart off the trailer and then decided to drive the cart. With a little push of my foot to help get it going the cart ran fine. I was able to start and stop a couple times and even reverse. I pulled the cart in and let it sit and had the same issues again. Any ideas, they were unable to give me direction other than possibly the controller wasn't fixed right.
The RXV AC motors operate differently from DC motors in other carts. If you need to help it to get started, it's lacking torque. Speed is determined by the frequency of the AC drive, as long as the controller can pass enough current to prevent magnetic slip in the motor.

"Rebuilt" controllers are not rebuilt, they are tested and if something is found to be bad, repaired. After repair, they are seldom tested under full load. So the "rebuilder" is not really rebuilding. A true rebuilt controller has had all parts removed from the PC board, had the board tested on a 'bed of nails' trace tester, then reassembled with all new parts. Nobody does that because it is too costly.

I hate to say it at this point, but you probably could have bought a brand new RXV Curtis Controller from eBay and a Curtis version RXV wiring harness from E-Z-GO for less. The newer Curtis RXV controllers outperform the older Danaher controllers.

You might want to read this thread;

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ocumented.html
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO