lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2017, 11:47 PM   #1
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default DIY Carts and Golf Cart King one and the same?

I'm starting to receive parts for my rebuild on the 99 TXT, and while I only placed a single large order with DIY, I'm getting shipments from both DIY and Golf Cart King, with parts interspersed between the shipments - all from Austin, TX. Are they the same company, or owned by the same people?

Also, I ran across an old thread (2011, IIRC) in some of my research that mentioned how this forum was birthed, that encouraged supporting site sponsors and to stay away from the old oppressor if possible. I think I know which company was being referenced, although I'm not 100% sure. One of the posters mentioned that the "old-timers" had to hand down the tales lest they be forgotten. Is it still verboten to buy from those guys if at all possible? If so, could someone PM me with the name of the one to avoid, so I do not inadvertently support them? I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
P
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2017, 06:33 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: DIY Carts and Golf Cart King one and the same?

DIY carts joined GolfCart King in 2012 and both are under the Golf Cart Zone LLC

yes both are owned by Aaron Gouldie
Founder, Managing Partner at Golf Cart Zone

Founder, CEO
Golf Cart King LLC
August 2010 – Present

Founder, CEO
DIY Golf Cart LLC
January 2011 – Present

Founder, Managing Partner
Golf Cart Zone LLC
August 2012 – Present

Sales/Service
Kenfield Golf Cars
March 2005 – August 2010

ALSO READ THIS

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...ky-top-bu.html
Old 02-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #3
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, CTD. I have gained so much value from this forum, and will even more as I try to build my cart back up, that I want to be a good netizen. Scanning the list of current sponsors, I don't see any of the afore mentioned companies. I will do my best to stay with the site sponsors. I just emptied a 7 item wishlist from BU. Gotta source that stuff elsewhere. Specifically the E-Z-GO Pursuit 14" Carbon-Fiber Steering Wheel W/ Kit (Fits 1975-Up) (including center horn button).

Last edited by JaxPilot; 02-28-2017 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: clarity
Old 02-28-2017, 09:31 AM   #4
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Interesting, I just found out Red Hawk has a warehouse about 45 minutes from my house, in Jacksonville. Too bad I'm not a dealer, I would love to go wander the aisles!
Old 02-28-2017, 10:21 AM   #5
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxPilot View Post
Interesting, I just found out Red Hawk has a warehouse about 45 minutes from my house, in Jacksonville. Too bad I'm not a dealer, I would love to go wander the aisles!
You should, you'll save so much $$$ compared to Nivel. They recently opened that warehouse up too.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
DIY carts joined GolfCart King in 2012 and both are under the Golf Cart Zone LLC

yes both are owned by Aaron Gouldie
Founder, Managing Partner at Golf Cart Zone

Founder, CEO
Golf Cart King LLC
August 2010 – Present

Founder, CEO
DIY Golf Cart LLC
January 2011 – Present

Founder, Managing Partner
Golf Cart Zone LLC
August 2012 – Present

Sales/Service
Kenfield Golf Cars
March 2005 – August 2010

ALSO READ THIS

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...ky-top-bu.html

CTD, thanks for posting that link. I had no idea of the history, but always try to support those that make this forum possible. I've said it a few times already, but there's absolutely no way my cart gets rebuilt, by me anyway, without this place. It's not only saved me a bunch of money, it's been interesting and a lot of fun.

Anything that I need, that he carries, I get from scottyb. If he doesn't have it, I look to the other sponsors. If johnnieb, yourself, Sergio, Bob Boyce, Volt, cg, Rabbit (where'd he go?), etc, etc. ever start carrying items, I'm a customer. Gotta give kernal some love too. He's always helping people and exchanged multiple emails with me to get my rebuild going. If I ever ran into one of them, beers are on me.

I don't think many of us newer people here realize there is the opportunity, as well as the need, to donate to the site. For those that didn't know, the members with the stars under their handle have given $. I'd spent countless hours searching around here learning things before someone finally clued me in that I could donate. I actually can't remember now how I did it, so maybe someone could post the link. Maybe it could even be highlighted somewhere when you join.

Thanks again for all of the help.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:00 AM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
CTD, thanks for posting that link. I had no idea of the history, but always try to support those that make this forum possible. I've said it a few times already, but there's absolutely no way my cart gets rebuilt, by me anyway, without this place. It's not only saved me a bunch of money, it's been interesting and a lot of fun.

Anything that I need, that he carries, I get from scottyb. If he doesn't have it, I look to the other sponsors. If johnnieb, yourself, Sergio, Bob Boyce, Volt, cg, Rabbit (where'd he go?), etc, etc. ever start carrying items, I'm a customer. Gotta give kernal some love too. He's always helping people and exchanged multiple emails with me to get my rebuild going. If I ever ran into one of them, beers are on me.

I don't think many of us newer people here realize there is the opportunity, as well as the need, to donate to the site. For those that didn't know, the members with the stars under their handle have given $. I'd spent countless hours searching around here learning things before someone finally clued me in that I could donate. I actually can't remember now how I did it, so maybe someone could post the link. Maybe it could even be highlighted somewhere when you join.

Thanks again for all of the help.
Green "donate" button(link) at top of page.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:06 AM   #8
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow, alright, not sure how I've never noticed that, seeing that I'm on here everyday. Maybe it's because I'm always reading this on my phone. Thank god im a fireman and not a cop.

Thanks Kernal. Even if it did make me look pretty unobservant, hopefully it will encourage people to help keep this place going.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:55 AM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Advanced Search is a valuable tool as well as the folks.

I spend most of my time here, but the Modified Golf Carts are also good places, as well as General Discussion.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:04 PM   #10
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yurtle, hear ya on the advanced search. I'm still trying to figure out how to best use that. And, when giving my shout outs certainly should have named you. You're always quick to help people with great information.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO