lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2020, 09:00 PM   #21
Bigchief803
Gone Wild

Default Re: RXV disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Yes I think a new Curtis controller and a new main wiring harness would have been the way to go. That would have eliminated all the old wiring with new. Lets hope there is no corrosion in that harness.
I’ll sell him a stock RXV controller and buy the 350 from you
Bigchief803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #22
Threeput
Gone Wild

This may be out to lunch...but I had similar problems till I found the pedal switch was failing...changed it out...all OK
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:08 PM   #23
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The cart was picked up today from the cart shop and it runs - wait for it - intermittently. No rhyme nor reason to it, but I did notice something new.

I have said the motor brake is working correctly. It goes through the twist test but when you hit the gas, nothing. Now that it is working intermittently after the twist test when you hit the gas there is an attempt to move followed by the brake locking up again. Or you hit the gas and get nothing. And in either state I can switch it to tow, key it to neutral, and free roll it around the shop.

The cart shop did say they inspected the harness for corrosion. So, I got that going for me, which is nice.

Waiting for parts......
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:28 PM   #24
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I’m going in, finally!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4F27ECD2-8CC7-46BA-88E6-4F67CCA83CE3.jpg (221.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-22-2020, 02:06 PM   #25
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That solenoid is the horrible one, intermittent problems would have me replacing that solenoid, because it will fail sooner rather than later. I'm shocked when I see those still working. They replaced it with a better Trombetta unit.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:48 AM   #26
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Whoever engineered this controller mount needs to be shot in the ear with a hose. The two front bolts are merely difficult. The single one in the rear is darn near impossible to access. Managed to get to it with a universal and two long extensions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9002D83B-8B84-4086-9177-EC89241D19F8.jpg (181.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg BA402F6F-479D-46B6-B9B6-BD83BBA6B10D.jpg (221.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2020, 11:52 AM   #27
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Tried following the instruction booklet that was supplied by Navitas, kept running into access problems after each step. In other words, the instructions are NOT accurate. Contacted everyone's favorite rep and explained my issues, hes sent me a link to a video that shows the PROPER sequence of assembly, restoring my blocked access points. So now I gotta switch jobs and work on something else, back to this soon.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:22 AM   #28
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
That solenoid is the horrible one, intermittent problems would have me replacing that solenoid, because it will fail sooner rather than later. I'm shocked when I see those still working. They replaced it with a better Trombetta unit.
Navitas installed and I did get the wheels to spin a few times but now nothing. I’m now suspecting that solenoid. System set to RUN, key FORWARD, pack voltage 50.0v, top terminal of solenoid (direct to pack) 50.0v, bottom terminal of solenoid (direct to controller) 49.3v. Step on gas bottom terminal of solenoid drops to 0v. Navitas clicks three, pause, one click, repeats as long as gas is depressed. Same in reverse. Cart can still be set to Tow and keyed to Neutral and rolls freely. Locks up when key removed as normal.
When it does work the lower solenoid terminal to Navitas stays around 49.3v but Navitas clicks once, pause, eight clicks. I have not yet installed the OTF harness and control as it is optional.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:05 PM   #29
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

It is ALIVE!!!
Old 05-05-2020, 12:41 PM   #30
Threeput
Gone Wild

I had an intermittent problem with the pedal switch...Mine was RXV 2009
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO