lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2020, 06:49 AM   #1
glowell
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2009 EZGO RXV No Solenoid Click

I have two RXV 48 volt electric carts with the same problem. Key on I get a reverse buzzer, no solenoid click. Nothing happens in any of the key posistions. The only thing I get is a reverse buzzer. Good voltage across all of the batteries.
glowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2020, 07:02 AM   #2
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2009 EZGO RXV No Solenoid Click

Make sure the accelerator pedal and brake pedal are all the way back. Sometimes they get dirt around the hinge or the spring gets weak. So pull back on them and see if they move.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:50 AM   #3
glowell
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you, I haven't thought of that. I will check that.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:13 PM   #4
Threeput
Gone Wild

I had the same problem when I first got my 2009 RXV...I found out I was moving too fast..meaning I was not giving the cart time to sequence check...I now put key in N...wait couple of seconds ..put switch to F or R..then go
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:24 PM   #5
Threeput
Gone Wild

A follow up...when the problem came back..even after my original cure...I traced it to a faulty pedal switch which I replaced...I removed the flooring to clear the debris that can gather in the vicinity of the pedal switch..after clearing I checked the switch and it was faulty
Old 05-05-2020, 06:04 AM   #6
glowell
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is an update, I checked the pedals everything is fine. One of the carts has voltage across the solenoid, It just doesn’t click. The brake will not disengage on that cart. I have voltage to the brake, but nothing happens. Any ideas on where to start?
Old 05-05-2020, 12:49 PM   #7
Threeput
Gone Wild

I checked voltage to the brake at the plug...all OK..then checked brake coil...27 ohms if I remember correctly...this is OK...I plugged it back in..still not moving I thought the brake had frozen on...I accidentally touched the brake plug wiring and heard click....my plug was not making contact with the brake socket....I removed plug and put back in....OK on the course it failed...wiggled the plug ..all OK
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO