lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2020, 08:14 PM   #1
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV Navitas Tac 2.0 Problem

I know I’m probably gonna get some greif from some, but that’s okay.
I just installed a Navitas Tac 2.0 into a 2011 RXV W/Danaher that also has been converted to Nissan Leaf lithium battery at 48V. Full charge was 57.4V and it was reading ~57 when this happened.
It ran fine for 3 weeks. Charged it up last night and took it out this afternoon. Going downhill the controller started rapidly cycling the solenoid and as I tried to stop it would lock the brakes as soon as I pushed the pedal. Once stopped it would not move. Checked the app and had Low DC Bus. After a couple of minutes I heard the solenoid and was able to drive again. Went back toward home and it did it again on a very slight downhill grade. This time I noticed that the current draw was still 115 amps or so without using the accelerator and the regen should have stopped. I shut it down and could not get a reset.
There is evidence of resistor being extremely hot as it melted some rubber backed carpet that was an inch or so away. Went through the steps for Error code 2-3 in the manual and found that when reconnected the resistor control wire (last wire to reconnect) to the terminal on the controller, the error came back. The solenoid will not engage. Checked all wiring and found no shorts or loose connections. However with the resistor connected to the controller I have ~o ohms between it and B- or B+ and the same between B- and B+. When I disconnect the resistor wire I have 1.25 k ohms between B- And B+ on the controller. Resistor measures .4 ohms across and the solenoid measures 104 ohms across the little posts. (36V Trombetta- Pic Incuded)
The speed was set at 60%(20), regen braking at 30% and the acceleration at 70%. I checked the BMS and had no HV/LV shutdown.
According to the manual, the check led to the resistor, but .4 ohms is good. Can it still be bad? Also the 115 amp draw when it should have been zero is sort of pointing at the controller, I think. Any insight is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0802.jpg (114.3 KB, 0 views)
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2022, 04:41 PM   #2
halemeister
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV Navitas Tac 2.0 Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by molfpedal View Post
I just installed a Navitas Tac 2.0 into a 2011 RXV W/Danaher that also has been converted to Nissan Leaf lithium battery at 48V. Full charge was 57.4V and it was reading ~57 when this happened.
It ran fine for 3 weeks. Charged it up last night and took it out this afternoon. Going downhill the controller started rapidly cycling the solenoid and as I tried to stop it would lock the brakes as soon as I pushed the pedal. Once stopped it would not move. Checked the app and had Low DC Bus. After a couple of minutes I heard the solenoid and was able to drive again. Went back toward home and it did it again on a very slight downhill grade. This time I noticed that the current draw was still 115 amps or so without using the accelerator and the regen should have stopped. I shut it down and could not get a reset.
There is evidence of resistor being extremely hot as it melted some rubber backed carpet that was an inch or so away. Went through the steps for Error code 2-3 in the manual and found that when reconnected the resistor control wire (last wire to reconnect) to the terminal on the controller, the error came back. The solenoid will not engage. Checked all wiring and found no shorts or loose connections. However with the resistor connected to the controller I have ~o ohms between it and B- or B+ and the same between B- and B+. When I disconnect the resistor wire I have 1.25 k ohms between B- And B+ on the controller. Resistor measures .4 ohms across and the solenoid measures 104 ohms across the little posts. (36V Trombetta- Pic Incuded)
The speed was set at 60%(20), regen braking at 30% and the acceleration at 70%. I checked the BMS and had no HV/LV shutdown.
According to the manual, the check led to the resistor, but .4 ohms is good. Can it still be bad? Also the 115 amp draw when it should have been zero is sort of pointing at the controller, I think. Any insight is appreciated.
I have a similar issue when running the lithium profile on the Navitas. If I run the lead acid profile the resistor doesn't get as hot. Did you ever get this resolved on yours?
halemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:25 AM   #3
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Best to call Navitas support on this one.

Some recommendations though:

1. Double of your resistor coil or put on a much larger break resistor setup on.
2. Don't fully charge your battery and leave room for regen braking.
3. Put a Gigavac 400a or better contactor on.

RXV + Lithium requires some considerations.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 04:57 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Charged it up last night and took it out this afternoon. Going downhill the controller started rapidly cycling the solenoid and as I tried to stop it would lock the brakes as soon as I pushed the pedal.
I bet that the regen braking over voltaged the battery causing the battery BMS to disconnect it from the cart to save the pack. Since you were regenning at 115 amps it would have probably shot up a full volt or more, going over the battery max and causing the BMS to disconnect. Once disconnected the V will settle down quickly and the BMS reconnects. That power on/off would likely cause the solenoid to cycle at the same time.

That's my guess.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:41 AM   #5
voodoocr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Same issue with RXV 2009 and Navitas TAC2 tried to add extra resistor but controller came up with error code. added 4x 12 bulbs in Series and across coil in parallel to warn me when coil is active . but that still does help much !!!
voodoocr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 05:28 PM   #6
aladdinsane91
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If you add another resistor for 2 total do you wire it on series or parallel?
aladdinsane91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, navitas, problem, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO