lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #11
B2mckneely
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 09 RXV tries to move but wont

Bob. I have seen on some other post you do programming. I have a question for you. I bought a 1313 handset and I was wondering if there are preloaded files that can be added to an sd card and be loaded in multiple carts?
B2mckneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2020, 09:27 PM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2mckneely View Post
Bob. I have seen on some other post you do programming. I have a question for you. I bought a 1313 handset and I was wondering if there are preloaded files that can be added to an sd card and be loaded in multiple carts?
No, the changes are not writable via a file on most of the advanced controllers, as they are beyond the normal parameters level. It will get an error and not change that value. It's not as simple as just adjusting simple parameters. I am adjusting the baselines at the top level, then I have to emulate a dyno and retweak everything to the new baseline. Just ask anyone that has driven the cart while I tune, it is a step by step recalibration of everything to get it back to being drivable.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:06 AM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Making/using one file to flash multiple carts can be a big mistake, and an easy way to mess things up real good. I learned that one the hard way. A change in the controller of a certain other "high dollar" brand of cart taugh me that one. I tried that using a file provided by the OEM guy, worked great until they made minor changes to the controllers of carts later on. It now has the golf cart equivalent of a "check engine" light that wont go away (and no error codes). Of course, they dont have much interest in giving me the original file to flash it back to stock. (Since the OEM guy who gave it to me doesnt work there anymore).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:10 AM   #14
B2mckneely
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Understandable. After reading several other replies to questions earlier I quickly realized that this was not possible. Sure would make life easy if it were the case though. I also saw where I could actually send my controller to you and you will bench program them. What kind of turn around time are we looking at for something like this? Are there any fees?
Old 06-19-2020, 09:31 AM   #15
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Understandable. After reading several other replies to questions earlier I quickly realized that this was not possible. Sure would make life easy if it were the case though. I also saw where I could actually send my controller to you and you will bench program them. What kind of turn around time are we looking at for something like this? Are there any fees?
Send a PM to usgicollector and he'll send you the information required.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:39 AM   #16
B2mckneely
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you sir!!!
Old 06-19-2020, 09:42 AM   #17
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Making/using one file to flash multiple carts can be a big mistake, and an easy way to mess things up real good. I learned that one the hard way. A change in the controller of a certain other "high dollar" brand of cart taugh me that one. I tried that using a file provided by the OEM guy, worked great until they made minor changes to the controllers of carts later on. It now has the golf cart equivalent of a "check engine" light that wont go away (and no error codes). Of course, they dont have much interest in giving me the original file to flash it back to stock. (Since the OEM guy who gave it to me doesnt work there anymore).
I quite often end up being in carts that wheelie with both of us on it, when the driver romps the go pedal before we've begun the retweak. I always try to tell them before we get underway, be very careful with the pedals until I've had a chance to detune it some. I set them to full drag strip mode first, then tune them down from there during our tweaking drives.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:46 AM   #18
B2mckneely
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That is greatness! Love it.

Well ordered an encoder bearing and swapped it out last night. Hooked everything up, adjusted the brake and then torqued it down. The cart moved 1 foot then wont move again. About ready to burn her to the ground!!! Going to check accelerator voltage this evening from a PDF you had posted on another thread. Maybe ill find the issue sooner or later.

Tags
ezgo, rxv, wont move
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO