lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2020, 05:40 PM   #1
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default '06 36V series TXT wires getting hot.

As title says it's a 2006 36 volt series TXT. Motor appears stock, controller appears stock (Curtis 1206), but it has a lift and 22" tires. Owner I'm trying to help uses it to drive (slowly) around his acreage with moderate hills, tall grass and so on. He's used it this way for years, without a problem till now. We've already replaced the forward reverse switch with a heavy duty after the old one got hot enough to deform the plastic some & break contact. Now the cables to the switch (all 4) are getting hotter than I would like. With my infrared temp gun I'm seeing about 125(f) at the terminals on the switch but 150 or slightly more on the cables themselves. After driving 20 minutes or so it loses power. It seems to attempt to move but not have quite enough power. Give it a "push and it will slowly roll on. Battery voltage at that point was around 37.4, so isn't a lack of battery power. Could worn brushes be the culprit? Thoughts?
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2020, 07:52 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '06 36V series TXT wires getting hot.

Connect a DVM between the controller's M- and B+ terminals.
Push pedal to the floor slowly and the voltage should increase smoothly from 0V up to whatever the battery pack voltage is at the time.

If it does, brushes may be the problem.
If it doesn't, check the ITS voltage.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 01:11 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

M- to B+ starts about 1.4 volts at solenoid engagement to 35.4 volts at full throttle (momentary). The 35.v is what I get across pack + & - when at momentary full throttle. ITS ranges from .545 to 1.67. Looking more and more like brushes.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:00 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The motor is being told to run, but isn't doing it.

Hopefully $omething $imple like brushes.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO