lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2020, 07:14 PM   #1
Ransom276
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo plum quick motor

Hey guys. I have a 2002 ezgo series cart that is built up nice. I’m just wanting little more torque and speed. It has a plum quick asassinator red motor installed. Will that motor handle a 48 volt conversion upgrade to the cart? Looked on plum quicks website trying to get info on motor and what I seen it read that motor was for a club car 48 volt. Any help would be great. Thsnks

Just looked at controller and it was tested by plum quick at 48 volts. I’m confused on this cart set up because it is built right and looks good but has a 36 volt battery pack. Trying to figure out how to post pics on here to share what I have and see if I can get less confused. Again thank you for any help
Ransom276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2020, 07:56 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo plum quick motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom276 View Post
Hey guys. I have a 2002 ezgo series cart that is built up nice. I’m just wanting little more torque and speed. It has a plum quick asassinator red motor installed. Will that motor handle a 48 volt conversion upgrade to the cart? Looked on plum quicks website trying to get info on motor and what I seen it read that motor was for a club car 48 volt. Any help would be great. Thsnks

Just looked at controller and it was tested by plum quick at 48 volts. I’m confused on this cart set up because it is built right and looks good but has a 36 volt battery pack. Trying to figure out how to post pics on here to share what I have and see if I can get less confused. Again thank you for any help
An EZGO motor has 19 tooth spline coupler while CC motor has a 10 tooth spline coupler, but other than that they are probable the same frame and armature. They'll run on 36V, but work better on 48V. (about 33% greater speed and torque)

Attach the pictures using the paperclip, circled in red on attached screen capture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paperclip circled.jpg (53.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:21 PM   #3
Ransom276
Not Yet Wild

Thanks johnie b. I have been trying to figure out the pics issue for a while. Lol
I just wanted to make sure that motor would be good on 48 volts and not detonate it. The controller is a fsip 500 amp controller that was tested at 48 volts by plum quick. So what would I need to change besides batteries of course? Solenoid and f/r switch to 48 volt?
Old 07-14-2020, 06:02 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks johnie b. I have been trying to figure out the pics issue for a while. Lol
I just wanted to make sure that motor would be good on 48 volts and not detonate it. The controller is a fsip 500 amp controller that was tested at 48 volts by plum quick. So what would I need to change besides batteries of course? Solenoid and f/r switch to 48 volt?
and of course you would need a new charger.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Solenoid has to 48V compatible and the MZJ400 is the only one I know of that works from 36V to 48V.

The F/R doesn't know or care what the voltage is.

As Sir Nuke said, the battery charger will have to be 48V also.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:23 PM   #6
Ransom276
Not Yet Wild

Sir nuke and johnie b thank you for your knowledge. I have a 48 volt charger already. I will soon be changing mine to 48 volts and think I will see a difference for sure. Again thank you guy!

Tags
asassinator
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO