lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2020, 09:43 PM   #1
mtiger10
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default max speed 10 mph ??

In my search for golf cart to purchase, I recently had the opportunity to drive a 2017 EZ GO TXT with original trojan batteries. I was baffled by the fact that this cart topped out at 10 mph whether I was on flat terrain, steep incline, or even downhill- it just stayed at 10 mph when pedal was to the floor. The dealer seemed to think it was due to the 3 year old batteries. I wondered if it had something to do with the speed controller. I know that batteries can affect overall run time of carts but would they affect the speed in mph of cart? Knowledge is power so I want to learn all about carts before making purchase.
mtiger10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #2
Nsmustang55ol
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: max speed 10 mph ??

I bought a 2017 TXT that had the FLEET controller in it. It was programmed in “golf” mode. Which is like 10-11 mph. Had them set it to “4” which is I think mild hill mode. That got me to 14-15. Then speed key programmed got it to 19.5. 23” tires I can do 23-24 now.
Nsmustang55ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:01 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Agreed. Cart needs to be turned up. Where are you located?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:02 AM   #4
mtiger10
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I'm located in North Alabama and I decided not to purchase that cart. The small dealer doesn't really have a knowledgable service guy so I'm sure he would love to know how to "turn it up" just to get back to standard 14-15 mph. He already told me it was a Fleet cart so I'm assuming the "speed controller" is what needs to be adjusted to level 4/mild hill mode? I'm actually planning to purchase some tires from him soon so I'll mention this to him. Any articles or videos available with instructions?
mtiger10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:21 AM   #5
Nsmustang55ol
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger10 View Post
I'm located in North Alabama and I decided not to purchase that cart. The small dealer doesn't really have a knowledgable service guy so I'm sure he would love to know how to "turn it up" just to get back to standard 14-15 mph. He already told me it was a Fleet cart so I'm assuming the "speed controller" is what needs to be adjusted to level 4/mild hill mode? I'm actually planning to purchase some tires from him soon so I'll mention this to him. Any articles or videos available with instructions?
I haven’t found much info on “Fleet” controllers. An article here and there. The dealer i used locally, fortunately new exactly what to do. Then again I am in Houston, there’s golf cart places everywhere.
Nsmustang55ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:18 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

With a handheld you would go to profiles, select profile 4 and set speed to the max. If it has freedom enabled you select profile 5
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO