lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2020, 07:17 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricodattoli View Post
Between pin 2-3 is 13v
That indicates there is a problem with either the ITS sensor, or the wiring connecting it to the controller, or the plunger adjustment is off.

Alltrax feeds the ITS sensor with a constant current (amp) source and the ITS sensor's impedance (resistance) decreases as the plunger is pushed into it by the pedal, so the further the plunger is inserted (pedal is pushed) the less voltage is needed to maintain the constant amp flow.

Normally, the pedal up voltage is 10V and pedal down is 6V, but you are getting 8V up and 6V down and I don't have a good guess as to why only the pedal up is off.

The plunger looks to be pretty far away from the ITS sensor in the picture, Maybe it isn't being fully inserted. But that doesn't explain the pedal voltage being low. Here is the plunger adjustment for a series cart. (Disregard the ITS voltages given on Page-2, they are for a stock series controller)

Since there are spade lugs on both ends of the ITS wiring, I'd make a test cable out of zip cable (lamp cord) and bypass the cart's ITS wiring to see if it will run normally.

Also noted that the green wire to the pedal switch was touching ITS sensor. Try moving it away from the sensor.

If none of that works, replace the ITS sensor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ITS adj 1 of 2.JPG (63.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS adj 2 of 2.JPG (52.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2020, 04:52 PM   #22
Ricodattoli
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I adjusted the plunger but not change, I also moved the green wire out of the way. I would like to try any bypass the ITS like you suggested. I’m not sure how to to it. Can you elaborate on it a little more. I don’t want to buy the ITS if it’s not necessary. Thanks
Ricodattoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:40 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I adjusted the plunger but not change, I also moved the green wire out of the way. I would like to try any bypass the ITS like you suggested. I’m not sure how to to it. Can you elaborate on it a little more. I don’t want to buy the ITS if it’s not necessary. Thanks
You cannot "bypass" the ITS.

I suggested using a two wire lamps cord (18/2) or something similar (https://www.amazon.com/TYUMEN-Electr...%2C179&sr=8-32 for example.) and putting on some 1/4" female spade lugs on both ends (https://www.amazon.com/Baomain-Insul...s%2C164&sr=8-2 for example)

Use that cable you just made to connect the ITS sensor in the pedal box to pins 2 and 3 on the controller instead of the black and white wires in the cart's wiring harness.

In my post#21, I listed three possible problems: "That indicates there is a problem with either the ITS sensor, or the wiring connecting it to the controller, or the plunger adjustment is off."

Adjusting the plunger eliminated one of the three.
Using different wiring to connect ITS senor to the controller will eliminate another one of the three.

If it doesn't solve the problem, then it is time to replace the ITS sensor.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:48 PM   #24
Ricodattoli
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok I will try it. When searching for a replacement ITS I see some for 25 dollars and some up to 200 Dollars. Is it worth paying the money for OEM or are the cheaper ones ok?
Old 10-29-2020, 06:52 PM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ok I will try it. When searching for a replacement ITS I see some for 25 dollars and some up to 200 Dollars. Is it worth paying the money for OEM or are the cheaper ones ok?
The cheap ones work okay.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:26 PM   #26
Ricodattoli
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:07 PM   #27
Ricodattoli
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I installed the new ITS today. I’m seeing an increase in speed from 15 MPH to 20 MPH. Thanks JonnieB for all your help.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:36 PM   #28
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I installed the new ITS today. I’m seeing an increase in speed from 15 MPH to 20 MPH. Thanks JonnieB for all your help.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-03-2020, 11:55 AM   #29
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Let's clarify for people who read this in the future, a new ITS is NOT a speed upgrade. You gained speed because your ITS was failing. I just dont want people posting "wtf, I installed a new ITS and got no speed upgrade", or "which ITS should I buy for the speed upgrade".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 01:06 PM   #30
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

In a nutshell:

The 20MPH speed finally obtained for a series drive cart was the result of upgrading to a 48V battery pack and taller than stock tires along with 2Ga cables and HD solenoid and other improvements to the amp delivery system.

However, the cart wasn't reaching its full top speed potential due to the contorller not opening fully when pedal was on floor and that fault was corrected by replacing the ITS sensor.

The symptoms of the throttle failure were first mentioned in Post#11.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO