lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2020, 11:34 PM   #11
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New leaf springs standard vs heavy duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I've never actually used the dual-rate springs, but I have used the regular HD springs, and can attest to them being harsh when no load is on the back. I'd like to try the dual rate springs, just that we dont build too many lifted carts anymore (that market has 75% been taken over by side-by-sides around here).
They work well on club cars with a rear seat too and you don't have to lift the cart.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2020, 08:25 AM   #12
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
...(that market has 75% been taken over by side-by-sides around here).
Complete tangent (and rant alert), but I honestly don't get the SxS market.

How are folks justifying $15,000 - $20,000+ play toys that may end up rolling down a hill and break every other time out on the trail? I get it as a niche market where maybe the more wealthy would play, but they are everywhere. Folks that probably have no business spending the money are financing for years on a play toy. Seems as though nobody hardly buys a four-wheeler anymore for a reasonable $5-6,000.

I guess it probably doesn't help new golf cart prices are up there as well.

Several people have asked me why I don't have a SxS. We live on the edge of Indy, surrounded by 50 acres of woods (own 7) and 300 acres of farm land, but it's not really great for trail riding. I've said that it doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money when a $2,500 golf cart tools around just fine and not much slower/different than we would on a $15,000 SxS. Plus, the electric cart is nearly silent and we can visit while riding around our wooded neighborhood.

Sorry for the soap box, but I just don't get it.
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:16 AM   #13
Malachi
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know the difference between marathon and txt rear leaf springs? I can only find standard and heavy duty leafs for the marathon, however dual action seems readily available for txt.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:58 AM   #14
chadowen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 1991 Electric EZGO and I put heavy duty (4 leaf) springs on the back and it gave me a little bit of a lift, but it has maxed out my shock absorbers. Does anyone have a recommendation of replacement shocks that won't max out. Probably only need about 1/2 " - 1" longer. thx.
chadowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:38 AM   #15
phipps33
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadowen View Post
I have a 1991 Electric EZGO and I put heavy duty (4 leaf) springs on the back and it gave me a little bit of a lift, but it has maxed out my shock absorbers. Does anyone have a recommendation of replacement shocks that won't max out. Probably only need about 1/2 " - 1" longer. thx.

Not sure what kind of shock attachments are on your cart, but have you looked at extenders?
phipps33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO