lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Does My Cart Have an MCOR

A Multi-step is a type of Vglide converted to an output of ohms instead of volts At first they look the same. A Pie shaped black hard plactic box. It is mounted to the frame under the driver's seat. The gas peddle hooks up to the bottom of it The MCOR which does the similar job foir a slightly different system is located under the passenger floor, also made of the common black plastic
Hope this helps ......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #12
Gorhad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I went thru the wiring today as per the wiring diagram and found that the blue wire and the green wire were connected to the opposite terminals on the black controller. So i switched them around and still the same problem in that in forward when you press down on the pedal it shoots off like a rocket. If you keep pressing down further it slow down. In reverse if you press down the pedal nearly touches the floor but then again it shoots backwards like a rocket. Could it be the pot gone bad if so are there resistors at the back of the copper plates that can be replaced

The picture attached is as per original controller wiring where i have now changed the blue wire to the top and the green to the bottom.

I've also tried resetting the OBC as per the sticky thread to no avail

Thanx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0353 [640x480].jpg (56.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg wiring diagram.jpg (86.8 KB, 23 views)
Gorhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:09 PM   #13
Gorhad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The second pic is the Potentiometer, i dont have an MCOR
Old 01-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay ..... it has taken a long time just to identify your system. Per your pm request I will try to help. There are others who know much more about these things but I will try. Just now, you said it starts like a rocket with the peddle on the floor but nothing else? So lets test the potentiometer( multi-step) for the proper output .... Black controller should be 5k-0 throttle input...... Your pics are TOO out of focus for me to see what wire goes where exactly? my guess is the 2 small wires you switched that made no difference are the pot input? You need to provide better pics Check them with an ohm meter to see what you get. They should be 5k - 0 thru the peddle travel. 5K being at rest and 0 is WOT.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Is it possible that somebody has recently changed either the pot or the controller on this cart cuz it sounds like they are mismatched????????
Old 01-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #16
Gorhad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok i will test and get better pics, i do know the controller (black box attached to the engine side of the wall between the batteries and motor) has been replaced along with the motor

Thanx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0346 [640x480].jpg (71.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0347 [640x480].jpg (76.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #17
Gorhad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When you press the pedal down you hear the click and immediately the motor runs very fast. Then when you put your foot even further down after about i would say half way the motor slows down to about 1/4 of its speed.

In reverse when you put the pedal down you hear the click and nothing happens until at about 3/4 of the way down the motor runs very fast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg acc pedal progression.jpg (43.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 01-30-2010, 09:31 PM   #18
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Like I said before you either have a solenoid dropping out or a bad controller.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay, there are two different types of potentiometer (pots) and controller communication. Basically one measures 0-5k ohms. the other measures 5k-0 ohms ..... you see why I asked if either has been changed? Has the cart run correctly since the controller was changed?
Old 01-31-2010, 06:39 AM   #20
Gorhad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm not 100% sure because i only brought the cart this week. however i did call the previous owner the other day and asked if he had had problems with there being no slow speed in forward, other than when you get over the 1/2 way point when pressing the pedal down and he said he thought it was because the accelerator linkage needed lubricating, which i actually replaced both the rod ball joints.

My sons original comment was "Dad it seems as though something is working backwards".
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car