lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
Redjk07
Not Yet Wild

Default Lifted RXV OR LIFTED TXT PDS

I have a the option to buy a 36 volt txt PDS or a 48 volt RXV. I plan on putting a 6 inch lift and a rear seat on them to haul the family around town and campgrounds. I have heard a lifted RXV won't handle any hills and 4 people. Probably wont be to many hills but might be.
Redjk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lifted RXV OR LIFTED TXT PDS

With the PDS you will probably need a controller upgrade when you put the lift kit and rear seat on it. I have a DCS and the controller went after I put the lift kit on it. But I would say if it were me, I would buy the PDS, upgrade to 4ga cables and put an Alltrax 400amp DCX controller on it and be happy with an all around good cart.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW!

In general terms, a golf cart is designed to carry to golfers and their clubs about 275 yards on groomed trails, stop for about ten minutes and then continue for another 275 yards or so, and after 18 repetitions the battery pack is to be charged. To do much more than that with a golf cart, the drive system needs to be upgraded.

The RXV is relatively new, the technical information needed for DIY repairs and upgrades is being held close by EZGO and not many aftermarket upgrades are available for it.
The PDS has been around for many years, DIY technical information is readily available and the aftermarket upgrade options are plentiful.

All electric golf carts are going to slow down on hills and it will be more noticeable with four people on-board, but I'm under the impression that more can be done about it with a PDS.

Of course, that is only my opinion and I am biased towards the PDS.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

RXV all the way. I have 2 and love them. I can haul my family of 4 all around including off road and have a blast. Cart with 6" lift and 23 x 10 x 14 tires does 27 mph and only slows down a little up hills. My neighbor has a 36 volt TXT and I out perform him in every way possible and he has upgraded controller and motor and still can't keep up. He is planning on upgrading to 48 volts when time for batteries. We also have identical wheels, I got mine first! Just my 2 cents worth.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:41 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

And with an RXV, you have a license to kill.

Sorry officer, the thing just accelerated over my neighbor on its own.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjk07 View Post
I have a the option to buy a 36 volt txt PDS or a 48 volt RXV. I plan on putting a 6 inch lift and a rear seat on them to haul the family around town and campgrounds. I have heard a lifted RXV won't handle any hills and 4 people. Probably wont be to many hills but might be.
I routinely load my cart '08 RXV with 4 persons (most of us are fairly large) and climb some fairly steep hills in my neighborhood including the boat ramp. I can stop mid-hill and then continue with no problem.

The knock on the RXV is that at present it only generates minimum torque from a dead stop. Once it has 1-3 mph going it will generate plenty of torque. If the back wheels are placed against an 8" curb it cannot climb it from a dead stop. Back up and roll the wheels and it will jump it. I have not had a problem loading the cart with people and climbing.

Range is great and with the Freedom 2 controller software upgrade and 23s my cart will do 26 mph.
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
Redjk07
Not Yet Wild

I was leaning more towards the TXT because you can do so much more with them but it sounds like people with the RXV are not having to much problems after they lift them up and having 4 people ride along!
Redjk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No problems at all and the only thing needed is to reprogram which is done thru local dealers to achieve top performance. For how many RXV's are out there I doubt you will "kill your neighbor." My cart has almost 9000 miles on it and all that has been done is I replaced the brake. My 5 year old drives it with adult supervision of coarse. My family drives our cart all over as we live in a small town that is golf cart friendly.

If I was to get a TXT I would get one that is already 48 volts.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Just joking about the "license to kill", though I used that threat a lot at work, when I was driving my son's Toyota, that had the same problem.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO