lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where to start?

Your battery pack is approax 3.5 volts short of normal. That's a stong indication of two bad cells. They may both be in one battery or they may be one each in two different batteries. If you know how and have the equipment, try a load test on each battery. If you don't have the equipment, you can test for "boiling" the "hillbillie" way. If you don't know what that is, you probably shouldn't do it.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #12
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

I tested each battery. The battery pack showed 35.2 volts when first turned the key on then the pack suddenly goes down to 11 volts on total pack with key on. All the batteries kept their same reading with key on & pedal depressed when checked individually. The 4 newest batteries read 5.7 to 6.3 volts. (3 @ 5.7 & the newest battery at 6.3. ( was reading 7.0) The two older batteries read 5.5 volts each.
turkeyshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #13
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Everything you say keeps pointing to bad batteries. If you haven't already, make sure each cell is properly filled with liquid, (just enough to cover the plates). Then try to charge the pack again. It is not a guarentee of a fix, but it will at least cover that base.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyshooter View Post
I tested each battery. The battery pack showed 35.2 volts when first turned the key on then the pack suddenly goes down to 11 volts on total pack with key on. All the batteries kept their same reading with key on & pedal depressed when checked individually. The 4 newest batteries read 5.7 to 6.3 volts. (3 @ 5.7 & the newest battery at 6.3. ( was reading 7.0) The two older batteries read 5.5 volts each.
Do not waste any more time. Your batteries are toast. Pony-up for six new ones. You'll be glad you did.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #15
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

I was afraid you would say that. One of them is less than a month old. Oh well. Thanks for the advice!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:02 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Before you buy new ones, go here and learn everything you can about care and maintenance of batteries:

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/

Also, Google "Trojan Batteries". They have a lot of good info and videos. Some of it may be propaganda, but the care and maintenance is universal to all manufacturers.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #17
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyshooter View Post
I was afraid you would say that. One of them is less than a month old. Oh well. Thanks for the advice!
Keep that one and buy 5 to match it. You cannot have ruined it in one month.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #18
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A battery shop can put a proper load test on your batteries. Take them all in and see which, if any, are still in original type condition. If you are hoping to save some money, replace the ones the test indicate need it.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #19
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

Thanks, I think I will try that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO