lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
dirk52
Not Yet Wild

Default electric rxv won't move

Have new solenoid installed on cart. Turn key to reverse. Solenoid activates, backup buzzers sounds but cart won't move. Same thing when key put in forward position. Cart won't move. 2009 rxv
dirk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
Rwillden
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: electric rxv won't move

Could be anything... I had the same problem, and had to replace the controller, accelerator pedal switch, and the bearing encoder. Have you done any maintenance to the cart recently?
Rwillden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
kstutz564
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Have you had any luck with your brake issue?? I am having the same issue as well. Mine will run fine and then bang, locks up!! Replaced the solenoid and it ran fine for a weekend and then the next weekend same issue. Mine will also run just fine all day and then the next morning it is locked up. Seems to me EZgo has an issue here..... Strangely enough when I called EZGO they say they are unaware of the problem.
kstutz564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
ozark king
Not Yet Wild

i have the same problem ....while running at a slow jogging speed ....brakes locked up ....i released the brake with handle under the seat ...on 2009 rxv freedom ....loaded it on tilt trailer ....was told by dealer that it was a solonoid problem ....i installed the solonoid ...and the brakes will still not release...i suspect a problem with the accelerator switch ? and or ...f/reverse switch ? suggestions welcomed .
ozark king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
willis2269
Not Yet Wild

Look at your Run Plug under the dash and see if it is plugged in all the way or wires are not corroded or broke, this plug will make the cart run crazy if not working right.
willis2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
ozark king
Not Yet Wild

thanks willis for the quick reply ........i hauled it to the dealer .......and he has 6 or seven repairs in front of it ......so i don't know when i will get it back .....i will suggest to him to check the run plug under the dash ....per you request .......and i will keep all y'all posted as to the outcome ,remedies,repairs etc , etc. ......
ozark king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #7
Rwillden
Not Yet Wild

I was having a similar problem and found that if I pulled up on the brake pedal with my foot, that the brake would release and the cart would start to accelerate normally. I suspect it's either a bad brake switch in the rear of the brake assembly, or a bad brake relay under the cupholder.
Rwillden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
mdgifford
Not Yet Wild

Are you still looking for a solution to this problem? I had the same thing and it's believed to be a combination of items. I just replaced the entire wiring harness, the controller, the throttle and brake pedal switches, and the brake controller as well and nothing the cart just crawls now. So today we took the motor out and apart to find a Bearing Encoder EZGO Part # 612595 $145 retail from EZGO i found a dealer for $75, its not to difficult to remove either just a little knowledge will get you there. Let me know if you want more info. Thanks
mdgifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #9
tacomaman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgifford View Post
Are you still looking for a solution to this problem? I had the same thing and it's believed to be a combination of items. I just replaced the entire wiring harness, the controller, the throttle and brake pedal switches, and the brake controller as well and nothing the cart just crawls now. So today we took the motor out and apart to find a Bearing Encoder EZGO Part # 612595 $145 retail from EZGO i found a dealer for $75, its not to difficult to remove either just a little knowledge will get you there. Let me know if you want more info. Thanks
we have a lifted rxv in our shop now. came in...controller was shot and batteries were bad. got the new batteries in and controller rebuilt/reinstalled it and the cart still wouldnt do anything. after some tests, i found the throttle switch was bad. now....i can get the cart to run thru its tests when turned on, but cart will only crawl forward and reverse. i guess the encoder bearing is next for me.

how fun is putting in a new encoder bearing kit? ive got it ordered from Ezgo...waiting on it to come in.
tacomaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #10
G2Rebel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The bearing encoder is actually really easy to do. Disconnect all motor wires from controller and gently pull towards the motor. Pull motor brake off and disconnect the 3 plugs that go to motor and motor brake. It's easiest if you put cart on jack stands and lower back half of the leaf springs to access motor. Pull the 6 bolts that hold the motor in and take it out. Careful it's not really heavy but awkward. There is a c clip that's keeps the armature in. Remove it and set to the side as it's reused. Pull armature out. There a 5 screws total that keep the encoder and wiring in place. Separate the motor case just enough to pull the 4 pin connecter through. Gently tap the encoder bearing out. Assemble in reverse.
G2Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO