lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #1
Itsalljake
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Going fast and slow, and not.

So, fortunately, it's been several months since I've combed the threads around here. Now I'm back. My trusty EzGo MPT1000E work cart has been going great after several weeks of help from the members. Now it's not. It's all a throttle issue. Some days, no problems. Other days full speed, then rapid slow down, pump the pedal and it starts to pick up again, then slow again. When it does cut out, it is not entirely, it runs at let's say an idle. Pretty silly trying to get my "tool cart" around the 16 acre property at a little less than a walking pace. No real rhyme or reason other than an obvious voltage issue at the pedal. I'm really just hoping someone can chime in so I can order the part. I swear I read a lot about a similar problem in other threads when I was trying to get the cart going when I originally bought it. I know, looking for the easy way out. Thanks guys.
Itsalljake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
goldwinger
Gone Wild

Default Re: Going fast and slow, and not.

What year model is the cart? is it 36 or 48 volt?
goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I believe a MPT 1000 is a 48V sepex drive that uses a Curtis 1264 controller.

You might have motor speed sensor issues, or it might be issues with the in-line connector between the pedal box and the cart's wiring harness.

Check the ITS voltage at J1 Pin 15. Should be 0.7V to 1.3V when the pedal is pushed just far enough for the solenoid to click and 2.2V to 3.2V when pedal is on floor.

FWIW: The inline connector tends to misbehave in wet weather.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
Itsalljake
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It's a 2004(pretty sure) MPT1000E 48V with a Curtis 1264-5407. The odd thing is when it just decides to slow to a crawl but not stop. Sometimes stopping completely and pumping the pedal relieves the issue. The problem seems more frequent if I have it floored. If I don't floor it, or gradually increase the speed without flooring it, it's seems OK. Unfortunately I have to take the tool boxes off the back to flip the modified bed up. Once I get to that I'm going to try and get a diagnostic code out of it.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is an Owner manual for a MPT, but I can't find a service manual specifically for it in my stash.

However, EZGO used the same design over and over and a ST400 uses the same controller. Here's the service manual for it. Ought to be close enough to figure out what is wrong with your MPT.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EZGo MPT800E 1000E Owner Manual.pdf (1.56 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf electric utility,st400,2010,614281.pdf (10.74 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #6
Itsalljake
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Johnnie. In case you want them for your stash, here's a couple for you.
mpt 1000 1268 manual(12D).pdf

mpt_e_1000_parts_manual.pdf

Found them in a folder somewhere. Just need time to do the work I guess. Thanks for the support guys.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:54 PM   #7
Itsalljake
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just to close this thread out, it was the six pin control connector. It was getting pulled just enough to make it act up. Always the connections. Thanks to all though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO