lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2015, 10:32 AM   #11
Ficus tree
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1994 EZGO Speed controller part #

Thanks, its one cable from the FR switch to the motor so ill leave it alone. the wiring diagram I have shows the a2 on the controller running to the FR switch and then bonding at the FR switch.
Ficus tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficus tree View Post
Thanks, its one cable from the FR switch to the motor so ill leave it alone. the wiring diagram I have shows the a2 on the controller running to the FR switch and then bonding at the FR switch.
You are looking at a schematic diagram rather than a wiring diagram.
Schematics show electrical connections while wiring diagrams show physical layout of the wires.

I'm not 100% sure of this, but EZGO might have actually ran a cable from the motor to the F/R switch as shown on the schematic and another cable from the F/R switch back to the A2 terminal on the controller, but they eventually decided to save a few feet of cable and started running a short cable from A2 on the motor to A2 on the controller and another short cable from A2 on controller to the F/R switch. Later on, they stopped using series controllers with A2 terminals.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:17 PM   #13
Ficus tree
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks
Old 01-18-2016, 11:08 AM   #14
Ficus tree
Not Yet Wild

Ok, finally got the medalist taken down and put back together. I ran into the A1 running to C in the f/r switch, and the A2 running to M- on the controller as well as the cable layout on the f/r switch looking to be inverted. So I "fixed" both of these only to find the now forward goes backwards, and backwards goes forwards. I thought that I had mistaken how the f/r layout was so I put it back where it originally was, still the same. so I switched the C and M- cables back to where they originally were and it works correctly. I am curious if in need to switch the S1 & S2 as well? Any ideas or thought would be great, thanks
Old 01-18-2016, 11:37 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No, switching S1 and S2 will reverse the F&R switch action.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:36 PM   #16
Ficus tree
Not Yet Wild

ok, any guess why my cart needs the A1, and A2 to be switched in order to work properly?
Old 01-19-2016, 09:46 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Without your cart sitting in front of me, I cannot answer why, but in general terms, there is more than one way to wire a motor and F/R switch so the direction the cart moves is the same direction the direction selector lever is in.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:48 PM   #18
Ficus tree
Not Yet Wild

Ok, well its working correctly hooked up backwards so I'm going to just mark my schematic.. wiring diagram to reflect it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO