lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2015, 04:01 PM   #1
TX_Flip
Not Yet Wild

Default Kudos to a Service Dealership

It's been about 3 weeks now since we bought our golf cart from a private party. I noticed a decal of the golf cart dealer/service on the side panel and then found an old sticker in one of the storage areas for 'next service due' but couldn't make out the date. I had the VIN and thought no harm to call and ask about service records for this cart. Good thing I did. The service manager was very helpful and said congrats and warned me about the 'addiction' of neighborhood cruising carts.

So the good news is that it's been taken to service every six months since they started keeping records (I think since 2012) and the next scheduled service was for 1/5/16. They mentioned overall, it was in pretty good condition. Recommended new batteries soon but I believe it's holding a pretty good charge for 2010 Trojans.

Bad News, three times the previous owner declined to change the rear bushings! The service manager read in the comments that the bushings were almost non-existent. Honestly, I would've never looked and I noticed kind of a slight metal clank sound from time to time now.

I just thought I'd share that it was super cool of them to do so as I was not the original owner and give me a run down history of the cart.

Needless to say but I just finished changing out the bushings. No joke...there was hardly anything left. I don't know if they are obligated to provide a service history but I'm very thankful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150914_150200031.jpg (77.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150914_152445574_HDR-2.jpg (55.0 KB, 0 views)
TX_Flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO