lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2015, 04:56 PM   #21
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: XCT500pds install question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwh1bass View Post
Paying attention as I should have my 500 early next month.
Well I know my boss has the 500 in hand, but I won't get it for a couple of weeks. Don't know how they ship in a stock configuration, but I'll probably need to detune it for a stock 36 volt TXT PDS initially!
gwh1bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2015, 05:02 PM   #22
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwh1bass View Post
Well I know my boss has the 500 in hand, but I won't get it for a couple of weeks. Don't know how they ship in a stock configuration, but I'll probably need to detune it for a stock 36 volt TXT PDS initially!
nice! I can't wait to get this thing up and running. I am thinking of buying a cable to connect to my laptop so I can see what the settings look like. Do not want to mess with anything though since Scotty programmed for my specific aftermarket motor. Now just trying to decide between 6 8 volts or 8 6 volts.
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:44 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Go 6/8v. The weight savings will boost performance and increase run time.

What? Wait!? 8/6v is supposed to give longer run time?
Yes they do but they also add 130 pounds to the cart which is nearly a 20% increase in cart weight that costs energy to move. So you gain amperage storage and you tax your self with added weight. I think its a wash unless you desperately need 10% more run time
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:46 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFX4 View Post
nice! I can't wait to get this thing up and running. I am thinking of buying a cable to connect to my laptop so I can see what the settings look like. Do not want to mess with anything though since Scotty programmed for my specific aftermarket motor. Now just trying to decide between 6 8 volts or 8 6 volts.
It is just a USB printer cable and they can be picked up at Walmart for about $5.

You'll probably want to take screen shots of the initial settings to refer to in case someone asks.

Also, with a laptop connected, you can see what the controller is doing in real time and save files that can be reviewed afterward.

AS for making changes, you have to intentionally save the changes for them to take effect. so it is pretty hard to do it accidentally.

As for 6x8V vs 8x6V, it depends on how far you want to drive your cart daily.

A 48V set of T-875 (Trojan 8V - 170AH) batteries has about the same range as the standard 36V set of T-105 (6V - 225AH) batteries.

The attached list is a comparison of 48V pack made up from various 6V and 8V batteries. The higher on the chart, the greater the range that can be driven on a single charge.

FWIW: Due to changes in local ordinances, I can no longer drive my cart to my favorite shooting range, so I no longer need a 30+ mile range and will most likely be going to a 6x8V battery pack when I have to replace my battery pack. I simple don't drive far enough these days to warrant hauling around the extra weight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48V kWh Comparisons.JPG (105.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:47 PM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Go 8/6v. The weight savings will boost performance and increase run time.

What? Wait!? 8/6v is supposed to give longer run time?
Yes they do but they also add 130 pounds to the cart which is nearly a 20% increase in cart weight that costs energy to move. So you gain amperage storage and you tax your self with added weight. I think its a wash unless you desperately need 10% more run time
Didn't you mean to type 6/8V ???????
Old 09-17-2015, 05:51 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Didn't you mean to type 6/8V ???????
That's what I said? 6/8v ?
Old 09-17-2015, 06:14 PM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
That's what I said? 6/8v ?
Isn't the edit option wonderful.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

yeah - if your quick enough
Old 09-17-2015, 08:27 PM   #29
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for input. Range isn't super important to me as i will be using cart strictly in my neighborhood. A trip around the entire neighborhood may be a mile and a half tops.
I'm looking at the crown cr190's, the Trojan t890's, and the Trojan Rangers. Was quoted $898 on the Rangers, and $740 on the cr190's.
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:43 AM   #30
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I dont have much experience with "crowns", but they seem to have a very good rep around here (and clubcar did it too, i think, after their Trojan 12v fiasco). Im not a big fan of the T-1275, but the US version aint any better. In my opinion, all 12v batteries are best left under the hood of your car, not in your golf cart. Your mileage may vary. I cant say anything bad about the brand without seeing it myself. Before the flame burns me, i know this was not a heated 12v discussion (plenty of fuel for that later). But the brand in the use of the OEMs was what i was talking about..
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO