lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2015, 05:33 PM   #1
Unclebuck99
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV Lights Dimming

When I turn on my lights they go bright to low when I accelerate. To the point where after a mile the cart starts loosing power and the lights go out . Battery meter will read full.

Is the first fix adding a Voltage Regulator like this one: 48V to 12V 10A 120W?
Unclebuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2015, 06:04 PM   #2
CaptainPete
Getting Wild

Default Re: RXV Lights Dimming

I had that problem, I have a stock EZGO Freedom TXT with factory installed lights, they pick up power from 2 batteries inside the pack for 12 volts as opposed to using a reducer on the whole pack. I recently bought new batteries and at that time I installed a reducer. Granted mine is used for golf and has lights, turn signals and a horn. 10 amp is not big enough if you have a radio and want to expand. You can by a bunch of the cheap one or go big and get one from Scotty B .
CaptainPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:51 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV Lights Dimming

Earlier Rxv with lights often had the lights wired into one 12v battery. That battery is likely much worse shape then the rest. I suggest getting a dc/dc convertor, and manually charging that battery to Try to bring it back up closer to.the rest, sounds like the damage is already done. On a "factory lights equipped" rxv without dc/dc convertor, its the battery in left front position (under drivers seating position).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO